Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD PhotoSoc - An Explaination

Options
  • 15-09-2009 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

I've noticed a few people asking about PhotoSoc here and just wanted to explain what is going on.

I was auditor last year and due to various reasons, unfortunately, there was nobody interested in taking over/forming a committee for this year and thus the society has fallen into a bit of a grey area. After discussing the issue with the other auditor from last year (there were co-auditors), I have decided to try and keep it going as best as possible, even though we missed the fresher's tent sign up etc and don't have a committee as such.

I'm in the process of sorting out logistics etc. but will hopefully be able to, at least, get similar minded people together and run a few talks etc. during the year. It will be quite informal, most likely, due to this late stage of developments but better to keep it alive than let it dwindle completely. If anybody is interested in joining or otherwise getting involved, just sent an email along to ucd.photosoc@gmail.com and I'll get in touch once I get some sort of resurrection plan together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

I'd be interested in joining. I'll send a mail.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 CD87

I was just about to post a thread asking about this, good stuff, e-mail sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I was wondering the freshers tent looking for the photosoc, but i'm glad to see thats its still up and running.......

i'd love to join

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

yeah i was wondering if i was blind and just missed it.
    will send an email now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

E-mail sent; bump for visibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Wouldn't mind joining, but what sort events to Photosoc organise? Society Photographic trips/exhibitions srl..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Also interested in joining, thought I missed it at the Fresher's Tent. I'll send an e-mail. Pretty much a novice but willing to help out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 jimminy-boi

Wouldn't mind going along to an event or two; I went to a few in 2007/8 but was away last year.

Advertisement