Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking a room in community centre or similar for rehearsals close to/in city centre

Options
  • 15-09-2009 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to book a room for a few hrs per week(end) to rehearse in. It's just something small for a singer and myself on acoustic guitar which is why i'm not looking to book rehearsal studio (or pay those prices).

At the moment i'm jaunting from North County Dublin all the way over to West Dublin and South County Dublin (working with 2 different singers) on buses with my guitar and it's just too long, expensive and really eats into rehearsal time. I know around the suburbs there's pleanty of community centres and the like offering rooms cheap enough so i'm hoping there'll be something similar closer to the city centre.

As i was saying i don't want to use Rehearsal studios (unless i've no other choice) as they're too pricey and not suited to acoustic rehearsals...that's also why i'm posting this here for the moment and not in the music sections as i reckon most there will prob mention rehearsal studios...though i'll probably post a variation on this query on one of the music threads.

If anyone has any other suggestions of options i should check out please let me know...running around so much is really burning me out!!

Thanks in advance
    DF.

Comments

Advertisement