Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First date pub suggestions in Dublin?

Options
  • 15-09-2009 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

First date later, would like to go somewhere without a lot of noise, but still pretty nice, in the city centre, help much appreciated! :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

i always say the market bar

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shoota

Is that on Georges street??

Thanks btw :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spartan1

I went here recently, was perfect for the chat and a few drinks setup

http://www.solasbars.com/www.solasbars.com/Welcome.html

tis on wexford street

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Upstairs in the Stag's Head is always nice, and quiet enough. The Guinness is good too! It's just on Dame Lane, you can get to it from George's Street or Dame Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Upstairs in Messrs Maguires early evening on a midweek night?

Brgds
    Johnny

• Advertisement

Avoiding Messrs, though its a great place during the week for a nice quiet drink, trying to avoid any of the old hunting grounds where I went with the ex!

I reckon I'll try the Stags Head....... :D

Thanks gach duine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Don't bring her to a pub. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

The Church up at the Jervis There is ok For a date!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

bot late to be suggesting places - me thinks

I would have said avoid a pub tonight (Champions League footy on ...goto a nice cafe or restaurant maybe)

if she'll give ya a second date - try doing something fun together (cycling around phoenix park, visit the Zoo, rollerblading, ice skating - charlestown new Ice rink)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Hogan's or the Globe aren't too bad either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

A few cans on the Boardwalk. Everyone else is doing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

http://www.centralhoteldublin.com/library_bar.php

A hidden gem, particular good if it is cold outside (when is it not?) as they have open fires (where else in Dublin does?)

She'll think you're Johnny O'Suave, you'll have the leg over by the second drink*.

*actual results may vary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Whens the date OP? You dont mind if we come along for a gawk? We'll be very discreet.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

Always thought Dakota just off Grafton St was a pretty cool place, quite enough in the evening to have a conversation!

Dakota is always packed I find put a good spot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

http://www.centralhoteldublin.com/library_bar.php

A hidden gem, particular good if it is cold outside (when is it not?) as they have open fires (where else in Dublin does?)

She'll think you're Johnny O'Suave, you'll have the leg over by the second drink*.

*actual results may vary
    The Library bar is great, it's usually where I'll bring clients for a chat, not sure if I'd bring a gal in there on a date though!

Opposite the Market Bar, there's a door with a snail hanging overhead that looks like it should be going into an apartment, it's just at the end of Hogans - Head on up there, 3 Fade Lane. Really nice inside, it gets a bit busy later on in the evening, but if you're in there early, you'll pick up a seat no bother. Good list of cocktails too - Can't go wrong with cocktails. Well... You can, but you'll be back on here looking for a laundrette rather than a place for a second date...

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    Whens the date OP? You dont mind if we come along for a gawk? We'll be very discreet.

The date was Tuesday :pac:
    Bought dinner, then went to the Staggs head for a couple of drinks, there was a fringe festival thing upstairs so we stayed downstairs and talked....

Second date is a go, so many thanks:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Was gonna suggest the Dakota as said above. Grand place if you can accept the extortionate prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Sweetcorn01

Reviving this thread because I need the same advice!

First date, want a fairly quiet place, not dead at the same time, any suggestions considering it's a Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

Go with the stags head man, it'll, be busy on a friday, but at least if you've nothing to say you can't just make nasty comments about what the other women in the pub are wearing,etc.

Women love that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

Sorry for double posting, something went funny with IE7 there ( surprise surprise)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

The IFI is a pretty nice spot actually.

Nedermeyer wrote: »
    Go with the stags head man, it'll, be busy on a friday, but at least if you've nothing to say you can't just make nasty comments about what the other women in the pub are wearing,etc.

Women love that.

What do the women be wearing in the stags head??:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Fajitas! wrote: »
    The Library bar is great, it's usually where I'll bring clients for a chat, not sure if I'd bring a gal in there on a date though!

Opposite the Market Bar, there's a door with a snail hanging overhead that looks like it should be going into an apartment, it's just at the end of Hogans - Head on up there, 3 Fade Lane. Really nice inside, it gets a bit busy later on in the evening, but if you're in there early, you'll pick up a seat no bother.

Its called the Bar with No Name. I had my first date with my ex there and it was great. Id recommend going Sunday or midweek cos otherwise it will be jammers. Theres lovely comfy seating and low lighting, so perfect for a first date.

Library Bar is great but not suitable for a first date. Its really, really quiet in there and very easy to overhear people so I think on a first date the quietness may lead to awkwardness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    What do the women be wearing in the stags head??:D

Generally either
    glitter_carmen_full.jpg

or

0617091122_M_1030081208_M_103008_face_piercing1_450.jpg

It's a crazy spot

Advertisement