Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North County Dublin Astronomy Group Next Meetup

Options
  • 15-09-2009 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭

After the great night we had on Friday I was thinking of organising another meetup in Skerries on Friday September 25th. at 9PM. If you are interested, let me know. I know it's a bit of a commitment for everyone but if we get the weather then it would be worth getting out. Otherwise we can aim for the usual 'around the 15th. each month' meetup if the weather doesn't hold up.

Mods I know there's a thread for club annoucements and I'll post about meetings there once we get some momentum going on our group. For now it's beneficial I think to have announcements in the main threads area if that's OK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

I'm free for that. We'll have to see what the weather's doing closer to the time.

Cheers,
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭squonk

We'll be having a meeting on Friday Night, Sept. 25th. in Red Island in Skerries (weather permitting of course). Like last time, we'll kick off at 9PM. If you know of anyone else interested, pass it on! Also, if you're on Facebook, you can join the Facebook group I've created here... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=132352033317&ref=ts

Just a reminder that our meetup is tonight. Any of you planning on attending? Let me know for an idea of numbers please! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

all ready to rock here.... gettoblaster is charged and the laser light show and smoke machines are packed.... wait wrong gig!!!

yeah i'll head down mate... hopefully it'll clear up during the day...

i'll keep an eye on here towards the evening and make sure we're still on...

Cool! Yeah, the cloud is a bit worrying but hopefuly it'll shift towards evening.. fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

I should be there tonight. Still fairly cloudy in Drumcondra though and met.ie says it'll be... "Staying dry and mostly cloudy tonight".

Noel, since you are in Skerries, I might text you at 7:30ish to get a cloud update. Perhaps you could make the call at that time as to whether we're going ahead or not and if you don't mind, throw a quick note here and on Facebook? Sorry, I won't be at a computer this evening myself!

Sure Dr.Pepper, no problema at all. Not near a window here at the moment but the sun appears to be shining out there now. I'll certainly throw an update up here, the North County forum and on Facebook. I appreciate it's a bit of a trek and effort getting gear together, so no point in doing that when you could be getting yourself off to the pub instead on a cloudy night :)

Tonight's meeting is going ahead. Bit of intermittent high cloud but nothing for it but to bite the bullet! Not a bad evening all told! See you at 9!

Thanks to all who came along on Friday night. Unfortunately we got clouded over shortly after 10PM which meant we were all packing up after 10:30 when it became evident that the cloud wasn't going to disperse. We had a good turnout though, much more than at the last meeting. Hopefuly we can maintain that for the next meetup. We had some of our audience stolen by some people launching Chinese Lanterns from one of the swimming areas beside our location. You know when you see those against a black sky flying into the distance you can believe all those UFO sightings really!!!

Short but good night all in all. Again thanks to all who came along and especially those who brought your scopes out.

Well done lads. I didn't get home until after 9 on Friday night and it looked fairly
    cloudy there so didn't bother getting all the gear out. See ye again soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement