Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some major events going to in December will be 20ish weeks I hope - what to wear?

• 15-09-2009 9:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭

Hopefully this little one will stay - was supposed to be going to a rock concert and TopGear at 20ish weeks - will I be up to going, also, what will I be able to wear?

The big thing though is that we are renewing our vows 3-4 weeks after that - any idea what I could wear? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Every woman's bump is different and you may not even be showing by then. You probably could just wear what you would normally wear without having to get special maternity clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Thanks, I am only 8.5 weeks and already gained 7lb:eek:, was underweight though, if this one makes it I could be big? I should state that docs are happy with the weight gain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Im glad to hear things are going well. That is great for you.

You know - I think its hard to tell. I didnt really show until 6 months and looked "all baby" as they say and then blew up with water retention in the last couple of months.

My non medical guess would be if you already gained 8 pounds, then you will need new clothes.

If I gained 8 pounds NOT pregnant I would need new clothes!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Asos.com have lovely maternity wear and it is reasonable.
    I bought a nice dress in mothercare and wore it to everything last year,I am such a follower of fashion;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

You should be up to going to Top Gear. I'm at that stage now and am pretty much OK, bring a camping stool though just in case.

+1 on ASOS. Not a giant selection but some nice things.

Maybe a maternity boutique for renewing your vows? Only know ones in Galway I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    You should be up to going to Top Gear. I'm at that stage now and am pretty much OK, bring a camping stool though just in case.

+1 on ASOS. Not a giant selection but some nice things.

Maybe a maternity boutique for renewing your vows? Only know ones in Galway I'm afraid.
    We have the delux seats :) I think that the concert may be out though. I dont even know what to wear to renew our vows, let alone if I am still pregnant!:) Shane said that purple is out...my main concern is baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭wibblebee

Cathy,
    Bought Top Gear Live tickets too. Diamond package so will be able to grab a seat whereever possible. Will be 18 wks if all goes well. Might see you there.
    Clothes... follow your heart and when you see something you like then thats what you should wear renewing your vows. How lovely !

wibblebee wrote: »
    Cathy,
    Bought Top Gear Live tickets too. Diamond package so will be able to grab a seat whereever possible. Will be 18 wks if all goes well. Might see you there.
    Clothes... follow your heart and when you see something you like then thats what you should wear renewing your vows. How lovely !
    We got the same ones, was part of my bd present this year.

I dont have a clue what to wear for the vows, it is just the priest, my husband and I at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Cathy I went to see the prodigy when I was 7 months gone and was fine. It was standing too but we just stayed at the back. To be honest I could have blagged seats if I wanted cuz there were loads free but the standing was grand.

On the clothes I bought a good bit off asos. To be honest with the styles that are out at the moment I actually bought loads of normal floaty dresses and they did me. I got them in Oasis, Warehouse and Topshop... all normal clothes but they are just loose style so they're grand! I'm wearing them now even though I'm back to my normal size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We went to Top Gear live last year and I can's it being a problem going whilst pregnant. Just be prepared for some loud bangs and explosions!

I've been buying alot of maternity clothes in Next and New Look. I've also just bought some larger sized normal clothes. I'm quite chubby anyway but didn't start to look pregnant until about 20 weeks.

Glad to hear things are going well Cathy x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Corcaigh abu

Hi

For wedding vows maybe check out www.isabellaoliver.com . A little bit expensive but lovely stuff, definitely gonna treat myself to something glam for Xmas season. Aghh can't believe mentioned Xmas!!
    Anyhow... went to electric picnic last week - 3 days camping and zero booze so you'll prob be grand for concert! I bought good leggings. Worth paying a bit more as they tuck you up better and then bought cheapy top in pennys. Both in black - covers everything. But top was black kinda smocky and then accessorise with colour and you'll be fab rock chick!! not worth spending money an outfit for a gig, you reallywon't get the wear out it again and Pennys do great up to the minute wear that will make up look like a funky Mum to be!!
    Good luck with everything x x

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Totally forgot about the leggings. They're a god send!

We have "the dress" I think - it was a gothic wedding dress that I got online for our original wedding, it was not dear and I did not have the heart at the time to send it back - it was big on me but it will fit in December...have to look at it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

CathyMoran wrote: »
    We got the same ones, was part of my bd present this year.

I dont have a clue what to wear for the vows, it is just the priest, my husband and I at it.

Then you just wear whatever you like :-) It really doesn't matter as long as you are happy and comfortable.

ebmma wrote: »
    Then you just wear whatever you like :-) It really doesn't matter as long as you are happy and comfortable.
    If baby is still with us will wear this for the ceremony, I had wanted a gothic church wedding when we got married but I was not in good health at the time...would be lovely if I was with baby and the man of my dreams for this...we married never thinking we could have kids as I had to undergo urgent medical treatment in the months before our wedding...sorry, just emotional with the hormones.

http://www.larp-fashion.de/shop/medieval-dress-wedding-dress-p-635.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

CathyMoran wrote: »
    If baby is still with us will wear this for the ceremony, I had wanted a gothic church wedding when we got married but I was not in good health at the time...would be lovely if I was with baby and the man of my dreams for this...we married never thinking we could have kids as I had to undergo urgent medical treatment in the months before our wedding...sorry, just emotional with the hormones.

http://www.larp-fashion.de/shop/medieval-dress-wedding-dress-p-635.html

Wow, that looks cool :-)

Don't be sorry about being emotional...I was crying one day and trying to explain to my husband that he can't go to work because the people are coming to clean the carpets and they will be absolutely horrible to me and call me names (wtf?) and be very mean. half way through my tirade I realised I'm just being moody though :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Gorgeous dress, really wintery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭wibblebee

Cathy, that is one mean stunning dress. I love it. Absolutely gorgeous. Very stylish. :o. Yeah buy it now :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Hi Cathy

I went to see Britney in concert at 24 weeks and the bump really enjoyed it:D but maybe just wait til nearer the time and see how you feel.
    Im 38 weeks now and my brother is getting married on Friday (hope I don't pop in the middle of it):eek:
    I got a gorgeous dress in Red Herring in Debenhams.http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_66156_1130294_-1 They do lovely maternity wear in there:)
    And your dress for wedding vows is fab BTW;)

Advertisement