Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keith Floyd is dead

Options
  • 15-09-2009 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

This is not a good news day
    Independent article
    The greatest TV food personality of all time
    Watched the Keith Allen program last night and found it very depressing no matter how Allen tried dressing it up

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Sad news indeed.
    I loved watching him, not because of his cooking but he was so entertaining. I loved the way he ordered the cameraman around, telling him where to point the camera.
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Yes he was good to watch. R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

The best of Telly Chefs - hugely entertaining. His shambolic, care-free style and affection for a slurp of wine made him my first food hero. Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

A sad, sad day.

Floyd was my hero. The first time I ever saw him was as a guest on the Late Late back in the 1980s when he cooked Dublin Bay Prawns.

He opened his slot with the advice that "All you need to turn a good meal into a great meal is a bottle of wine. Preferably inside you." With that he took a giant slurp from his glass and set to it.

I thought, this guy has the right idea.

He will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Rest In Peace Keith.

It was always a hope of mine to get to share a bottle or two of decent wine with him & natter about foody things. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Rip Keith - an absolute genius at entertaining:-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Celebrity chef Keith Floyd has died following a heart attack, aged 65.

He died at his partner's home in Dorset after the heart attack on Monday night, according to the ghost-writer of his autobiography, James Steen.

Floyd, from Faringdon in Oxfordshire, shot to fame in the 1980s in highly distinctive cookery shows, often fronted with a glass of wine in hand.

His idiosyncratic, often shambolic, style of presentation endeared him to millions of viewers around the world.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

Am I wrong or did he live in Kinsale? There's nothing on Wiki about it so maybe I'm wrong. RIP, he was always a joy to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Corb wrote: »
    Am I wrong or did he live in Kinsale? There's nothing on Wiki about it so maybe I'm wrong. RIP, he was always a joy to watch.

He certainly did live a few miles outside Kinsale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

A woman I work with from Cork who's uncle had a filling station in Kinsale used to have Mr. Floyd in for petrol regularly. He used to buy a pound's worth at the time! I don't think a pound would ever have bought you much petrol and her Uncle used to get pi$$ed off having to get off his backside to serve it. RIP, what a pair on that show last night, hopefully Channel 4 will show it again soon.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I used work in the bar La Chateau, Cork where keith was a regular.

Man, the guy was hardcore. He used chain smoke and I mean chain smoke his Silk Cut Purples while guzzling the gin and tonics.

On his way out he used always buy another 60 Silk Cut.
    Guess you live by sword...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Met him quite a few times. He was an absolute gentleman, very polite, no ego, highly intelligent with a razor-sharp wit. R.I.P. Floyd :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Such a shame he's not longer with us. My dad met him in a pub in Cork once. Great guy. RIP.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

A legend passes. Sad news indeed.

He gave me some laugh telling Tom Doorley on The Restaurant "you've confirmed my suspicions, I think you know absolutely nothing about cooking".

Advertisement