Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is now a good time to buy a i7

Options
  • 15-09-2009 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Will the price drop further on 1366 motherboards and ram

I am about to buy a
    Intel Core i7 920 "D0 Stepping"
    Asus P6T
    Prolimatech Megahalems
    Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz

This is going to cost me €665.376 From Novatech including delivery and vat

is now a good time to buy or should i wait another month ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Griffin87 wrote: »
    Will the price drop further on 1366 motherboards and ram

I am about to buy a
    Intel Core i7 920 "D0 Stepping"
    Asus P6T
    Prolimatech Megahalems
    Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz

This is going to cost me €665.376 From Novatech including delivery and vat

is now a good time to buy or should i wait another month ?

well if you're worried about i5 i wouldn't be, if you can get good value for money then do it. I picked up a great board off adverts and got the same cpu and ram as you're looking at getting. Still have to put it all together but I'm happy with the purchase.

Realistically there will always be leaps and bounds in technology but for the majority of users they don't need the best of best. if you're a gamer you might not see much benefit over core 2 setup but if you're holding off on buying cause of the potential release of new technology, there isn't a huge amount in the pipeline so going i7 is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

i just bought it should be here on friday cant wait to set it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Do Novatech charge Irish or English vat?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

Uk Vat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

From what I've seen theres never a good time to buy tech stuff. As soon as you buy it theres other stuff in the pipe work which is already over shadowing your latest purchase. I say if its what you want, and you can afford it, go for it...

And I see that you did...good job! Of course having taken my own advise my credit card company loves me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

it's always a good time to buy middle of the range!

The price to performance difference between top and middle is so large. Unless you're loaded or have a specific need for more power i don't see why people bother....

Advertisement