Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat off form

Options
  • 15-09-2009 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My two cats are nearly one year old.
    One of them, the shyer one, has been off form since yesterday.
    I can't pin point exactly what but I've noticed a few things whether or not they indicate something or are irrelevant I'm not sure. He's got tiny spots under his chin. He's not itching too much. I thought it might be fleas but I don't think it is. He usually loves being picked up and cuddled but yesterday when I picked him up, he cried and even hissed. There aren't any marks on his body anywhere else, I've checked all over.
    He spent all day yesterday asleep as well, not really like him.

Today, I thought if he's the same I'd bring him to the vet, but the reason I haven't is that I don't exactly have any firm symptoms. He has been eating fine and this morning he's playing with his toy mouse. Lots of energy again. but doesn't want to be picked up.
    They spend time indoors and outdoors, mostly running around a big field.
    Does it warrant a vet visit do people think?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Sesame, I would bring him to a vet just in case. Cats often don't show signs of illness or pain until its too late and often the only symptoms are that the cat just retreats or get quieter. Keep an eye on his appetite and make sure he is not off water as loss of interest in these is a clear indication somethings up and I would get him checked asap.

Advertisement