Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

39 Bus or Dart Station

• 15-09-2009 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

I am interviewing for a job at the moment which is based near the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre. I am wondering if anyone has any experience in commuting from the city centre to Blanchardstown shopping centre. Is it a viable option to get the dart to either castleknock or coolmine and then walk to the shopping centre. I am not overly familiar with the area so not sure if this is a walkable distance or not?? Also does anyone know how long the 39 bus would take in rush hour traffic?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

i would get the train to coolmine and walk..its a straight run the whole way and it takes me 15 minutes which aint too shabby...when you get off the train just walk up coolmine road over the other side of the tracks..its a grand walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

you could also get the 70 bus which stops just outside the shopping centre and then its a 5 minute walk - bus takes about 40 minutes to get to there from town - be careful not to miss the stop tho - I ended up in clonee once :rolleyes: and then got on the same bus and went to dunboyne :rolleyes:

note to self - bring glasses next time :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Buses (39, 70) would leave you nearer than the train, but are far more unreliable, and take an age (40-50 min, more at times) to get there. The train is reliable (20min from Connolly), but its definitely a good 15-20 minute walk to the centre.
    In my opinion train is always a better option than the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Train is good option but be warned definitely a bit of a walk - you could arrive quite hot and bothered for the interview if you are not careful. I would suggest give yourself plenty of time and if you are very early all the better (you can always have a cup of coffee in the towncentre).

Try Betelnut in Draoicht :-)

Good luck with the interview!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

OP - you do know that it's not the Dart that comes to the Blanch area?? The commuter trains that service the Blanchardstown Area are nowhere as frequent as DARTS and off peak can be almost an hour apart. Not ideal if you work hours other than standard business hours..and only then if you don't mind doing a sardine impression everytime you get on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 cailindeasciun

Thanks so much to everyone for replying. I think that I'm just going to get a taxi to the interview today. The nerves have kicked in so I don't think I can afford to be worrying about getting there in time!!

It sounds like if I was successful in getting the job that I would have a awkward enough commute to do each day. Definitely given me some food for thought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

What about leaving a bike at either coolmine or castleknock stations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

oblivious wrote: »
    What about leaving a bike at either coolmine or castleknock stations?

See post on this same forum about security at Coolmine Train Station in regards to that idea.

Advertisement