Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall, peirs and gates....what to expect?

Options
  • 15-09-2009 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Hi , After two years of living in our new build, we are getting around to putting up walls and gates. ( Hastened by a recent break in..nice:()
    I have had two quotes so far, which seem way off what I was expecting to have to pay for what i would think is a standard and small enough job -
    two piers to front joined to the other two ,which the gates will be hung, buy approx 10 feet of wall. ( so thats 4 piers and twenty feet of 5 foot height wall)
    The piers will also have natural stone added, which i already have.
    Does anyone have an idea of a fair price I should be willing to pay for this work to be done... in these recessionary times we live in !??

Any help , gratefully accepted.

(P.s. I've been living with UFH for two years in case anyone wants info on it.:) )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Its a pretty large wall, and you are using an expensive material. It won't be cheap.
    how do your current quotes work out in terms of price per metre squared?

(moved to prices)

Advertisement