Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notary Public Needed

• 15-09-2009 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

I have to get a document notarized, is it only solicitors that do this here or do banks have them as well? Does anyone know the cost? Thanks so much for your help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

sfmonet wrote: »
    I have to get a document notarized, is it only solicitors that do this here or do banks have them as well? Does anyone know the cost? Thanks so much for your help!

solicitors do them,think the banks do too but im not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

anplaya wrote: »
    solicitors do them,think the banks do too but im not sure.

Thanks for the info, banks do not do notary services, so I guess I'm left with solicitors.

Thanks for the info, banks do not do notary services, so I guess I'm left with solicitors.

theres a list online of solicitors that do them in waterford.dont have a clue how much they cost,ill ask around and if i get that info ill post it.

Do you have the website address? Appreciate your help.

www.notarypublic.ie when your on the main page go to Finding A Notary.all the info should come up.

• Advertisement

Thanks!

Was able to get one, I couldn't believe the price though, its $5 in the States, here they want 50EUR!

fcuks sake,some money. sure ring around and see if ya can get it cheaper,thats yer best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

spose the main problem is that they have to be a 'solicitor or barrister having not less than five years continuous post qualification experience in the practice of law'

... when was the last time you saw a solicitor do anything for a fiver when they can charge you for a full consultation fee. :(

I'm just going to see if a Garda signature will suffice, its for travel with her grandparents to Italy. 50EUR is just so much....but I will call around...thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Was able to get one, I couldn't believe the price though, its $5 in the States, here they want 50EUR!
    Sure you might as well make the most of what you are paying for so....
    - ask them for a cup of tea and biscuit, tell them your prefer chocolate biscuits.
    - read todays paper in the waiting room.
    - use the loo.
    - quiz him on law stuff while he is signing it. "is it legal if I ......"

:D

That's funny, maybe when he calls me in I should just say "Please you'll need to wait a minute I am not quite ready, if you'll just wait until I call you..."...that would also work on a dr. I'd say too!:D

Advertisement