Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michelin V's Bridgestone Tyres

• 15-09-2009 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

Just looking for a bit of advice regarding tyres for a '07 Landcruiser. Have got 83,000 kms on the original Michelin tyres and looking to get a new set now but just wondering which are the better tyre the Bridgestones or Michelin, bit of a price difference between them but just wondring are the Michelins worth the extra few euros???

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

DougieH wrote: »
    Hi,

Just looking for a bit of advice regarding tyres for a '07 Landcruiser. Have got 83,000 kms on the original Michelin tyres and looking to get a new set now but just wondering which are the better tyre the Bridgestones or Michelin, bit of a price difference between them but just wondring are the Michelins worth the extra few euros???

Thanks!!

No, for some reason or other Landcruisers don't seem to like Michelins(which are normally a very good tyre) I've seen a few cruisers knock Michelins badly out of shape and not from abuse but Michelin will warranty them, the best tyres for jeeps seem to be the BF Goodriches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

BFGoodrich are owned by Michelin. I have never used Michelin though so I can't speak for their longevity, however they do do proper offroad tyres well.
    I have found the best tyres for my LC are BFG longtrail NLA. Hankook Dynapro HP23 and a long way behind them are the Dunlops ATs and Bridgestone Duellers.
    Currently I have a set of BFG AT KO and they seem good, heavy sidewalls and strong construction.
    I can recommend BFG and Hankook Dynapros in the 16" size I am not sure about the 17" that the 120 series use though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

What I've found is that michelins are for grip, bridgestone for wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Go for BFGs, Michelin are overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 DougieH

I had read before that the BFGoodrich's are a good tyre, but is only a few places that stock them??, I rang a good few places for tyre prices and not one quoted me for the BFG's just the usuals bridgestone, pirelli, michelin etc ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Buy from the UK, Roughtrax have 265/70 BFG AT for 118stg.
    You have to get them fitted and balanced here, my 5 tyres cost 60 for fit and 2 balanced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

I bought my BFG MTs from the UK but my brother in law went to a local tyre place, told him the price for BFG ATs from the UK and got dealer to match it and fitting was cheap.

Advertisement