Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now you have a resposobility to vote no!

Options
  • 15-09-2009 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hello! I am from Sweden and I am sick of EU becoming a monster state like the Soviet Union with the Lisbon Treaty. You have to vote no again, not only for yourselves or for Swedes but for all people in the European Union. This no should be a reaction towards the system in which everyone aren't allowed to vote.

Stand up for your democracy (and mine) and VOTE NO!

A yes vote = a vote for a new Soviet Union

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Jocke wrote: »

Don't be ridiculous. How about you back up that rhetoric with any objections based on some vague form of reality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

1. i am not voting on opinions from people outside of Ireland

2. if you have an issue raise it with your government or start a local political campaign

3. what is your address i would send you a few history books to read up

4. if you really are Swedish then you would have no issues posting the same post in your native language

5. any country can withdraw from EU, Lisbon makes it easier, there are no Russian tanks to keep you in line like USSR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Jocke

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    1. i am not voting on opinions from people outside of Ireland

2. if you have an issue raise it with your government or start a local political campaign

3. what is your address i would send you a few history books to read up

4. if you really are Swedish then you would have no issues posting the same post in your native language

5. any country can withdraw from EU, Lisbon makes it easier, there are no Russian tanks to keep you in line like USSR
    1. Okay but I think you should vote as a reaction towards the system which doesn't allow us to vote.

4. If I would post it in Swedish, you wouldn't understand. I can "prove" that I'm Swedish:

Hej, hallå! Jag är svensk.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

1. Okay but I think you should vote as a reaction towards the system which doesn't allow us to vote.

4. If I would post it in Swedish, you wouldn't understand. I can "prove" that I'm Swedish:

whats your IP address? that should make it a lot clearer if you really are from sweden.

and no one should only vote on the treaty itself. it is your government that didn't allow you to vote so do tackle your own government. say german's can't vote on any treaty because referenda are illegal there. are you saying eu should override a member state's constitution and make everyone vote on the treaty?

btw your english is perfect, well done;)

if you have a problem with your government or your constitution

then you deal with it

stop using our vote to solve your own problems

:rolleyes:

4. If I would post it in Swedish, you wouldn't understand. I can "prove" that I'm Swedish:.

go right ahead so please post in Swedish as well wouldn't do any harm

and im sure your ip can also be traced back and ensured its not a proxy on a server in a data center

I can also setup an ssh tunnel and post anything from another country (take a pick ive access to company servers in Germany, France, Netherlands, Sweden and USA) pretending to be someone else

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

I dont think youre going to endear yourself to anyone here demanding that we Irish have some sort of responsibility to vote No just to suit other country's interests. That fact that you use the term 'democracy' in relation to the above is also a little ironic.

We are voting for the interests of IRELAND, as prescribed in our Constitution which has allowed us to vote on Lisbon in the first place, not on the pretences of protest or whatever suits your agenda as an individual.

You may still use your no vote as a tool for democracy.

If we were allowed to vote, even if I would like the Lisbon Treaty, I would vote no as a protest. Everybody should be allowed to vote, I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

Hello! I am from Sweden and I am sick of EU becoming a monster state like the Soviet Union with the Lisbon Treaty. You have to vote no again, not only for yourselves or for Swedes but for all people in the European Union. This no should be a reaction towards the system in which everyone aren't allowed to vote.

Stand up for your democracy (and mine) and VOTE NO!

Tull og tøys. Det er helt annerledes til USSR. Du har aldri bodde i et land i USSR så har ikke noe peiling om det.

Jeg er ikke Svensk men er Irsk og kan forstå alt at du skriver på 'ditt' språket.

Justind wrote: »
    Tull og tøys. Det er helt annerledes til USSR. Du har aldri bodde i et land i USSR så har ikke noe peiling om det.

Jeg er ikke Svensk men er Irsk og kan forstå alt at du skriver på 'ditt' språket.
    EU är inte som Sovjetunionen än men det kan bli det ifall Lissabonfördraget går igenom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Tarobot

Heisan! Jeg ar norsk!! Had det bra! Except that I'm not Norwegian :rolleyes:

It is totally undemocratic for us to get involved in the ratification mechanisms of other countries. Talk to your government about it - it's nothing to do with the Irish.

Jocke, I can also understand everything you're writing and I'm not Swedish. So now you're saying that the EU isn't the USSR but that with Lisbon will become the USSR under Lisbon. Care to post the relevant article? Tack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

EU är inte som Sovjetunionen än men det kan bli det ifall Lissabonfördraget går igenom!

Dritt og lyver med ikke noe grunner ellers.
    Jeg tror at det umulig å prate om dette med ei barna.

'Facts'! Vis dem. :rolleyes:

@OP

if you were Irish

what exactly in the treaty would make you vote NO

it seems that not only are you jumping into the affairs of other countries you are also unaware of what Lisbon is and what are the main issue

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

This is an Irish referendum. It's not its function to give succour to Swedish dissidents (nor, for that matter, to British dissidents like UKIP). Find ways to express your political views in your own country.

@OP

if you were Irish

what exactly in the treaty would make you vote NO

it seems that not only are you jumping into the affairs of other countries you are also unaware of what Lisbon is and what are the main issue
    The loss of national independence and the whole treaty. The whole treaty because the people of some countries already said no and it therefore belongs in the trash bin.

The loss of national independence and the whole treaty. The whole treaty because the people of some countries already said no and it therefore belongs in the trash bin.
    Where in Lisbon does it say that we lose our national independence?

I think you need to go away and read the Lisbon Treaty.

Or try www.lisbonexposed.org.

Tarobot wrote: »
    Where in Lisbon does it say that we lose our national independence?

I think you need to go away and read the Lisbon Treaty.

Or try www.lisbonexposed.org.
    I don't know in exactly what paragraph. I'm not a jurist. The Lisbon Treaty is over 3000 pages. If you read about the Lisbon Treaty though, you can see that for example Ireland and Sweden get forced to send troops to other countries even if we wouldn't like to do that.

EDIT:

2. The common security and defence policy shall include the
    progressive framing of a common Union defence policy. This will
    lead to a common defence, when the European Council, acting
    unanimously, so decides. It shall in that case recommend to the
    Member States the adoption of such a decision in accordance with
    their respective constitutional requirements.

Common defence to
    be decided
    unanimously.
    Ratification by
    Member States may
    be deemed necessary

For example! Look at http://en.euabc.com/upload/readerfriendlybook.pdf

Article I-41: (ex Articles 17, 21 TEU) are very interesting I see now. Very terrible. You decide. I hope you read through the whole Lisbon Treaty or at least the reader-friendly before you vote yes. Thanks for listening to me!

Good day!

I don't know in exactly what paragraph. I'm not a jurist. The Lisbon Treaty is over 3000 pages.

sigh

start here so

http://www.lisbontreaty2009.ie/

there are condensed versions available

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Check your dictionary to see what 'unanimous' translates as.

oh and svenksa flikka ftw :D

sigh

start here so

http://www.lisbontreaty2009.ie/

there are condensed versions available
    Yeah, I found another one. Thanks! I gave an example of an evil paragraph earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I don't know in exactly what paragraph. I'm not a jurist. The Lisbon Treaty is over 3000 pages. If you read about the Lisbon Treaty though, you can see that for example Ireland and Sweden get forced to send troops to other countries even if we wouldn't like to do that.

EDIT:

2. The common security and defence policy shall include the
    progressive framing of a common Union defence policy. This will
    lead to a common defence, when the European Council, acting
    unanimously, so decides. It shall in that case recommend to the
    Member States the adoption of such a decision in accordance with
    their respective constitutional requirements.

Common defence to
    be decided
    unanimously.
    Ratification by
    Member States may
    be deemed necessary

For example! Look at http://en.euabc.com/upload/readerfriendlybook.pdf

We are dropping this little nugget into our constitution.
    9. The State shall not adopt a decision taken by the European Council to establish a common defence pursuant to Article 42 of the Treaty on European Union where that common defence would include the State.

Conscription is another whopping lie as well. :rolleyes:

Also just to check, you do understand the meaning of the word unaminous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

This is great. I remember an "Italian" here, and a "Polish" person too I think, all demanding the same thing. However at least the "Italian" and the "Pole" made an attempt to write poor English so as to give credence to their supposed identity.

prinz wrote: »
    Check your dictionary to see what 'unanimous' translates as.

oh and svenksa flikka ftw :D
    I know what it means but the commission may consist of evil liars and stalin lovers also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

You have to vote no again, not only for yourselves or for Swedes but for all people in the European Union.

No. I don't.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I know what it means but the commission may consist of evil liars and stalin lovers also.

You really haven't the faintest idea of how the EU works, do you?

turgon wrote: »
    This is great. I remember an "Italian" here, and a "Polish" person too I think, all demanding the same thing. However at least the "Italian" and the "Pole" made an attempt to write poor English so as to give credence to their supposed identity.
    Thank you. Really. I know you won't believe me but it is 100% true.

marco_polo wrote: »
    You really haven't the faintest idea of how the EU works, do you?
    In many ways like the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Funny as well how weve never had any foreigners come on here and tell us we have a responsibility to Vote Yes.

Thank you. Really. I know you won't believe me but it is 100% true.
    What's hilarious about this is that you are 100% incorrect.

• Advertisement

turgon wrote: »
    Funny as well how weve never had any foreigners come on here and tell us we have a responsibility to Vote Yes.
    It's because foreigners want you to vote no. I hope that you will vote for the people!

Advertisement