Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus & Off Topic MkII...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I had previously suggested that the Photography forum should be split into several sub-forums.
    However after looking at the Pentax Forums I change my mind.

In this forum I'm a lot more likely to read random threads, whereas in Pentax Forum I'll mainly go only into sub forums that I have a question for and therefore won't end up seeing as many 'random'/non planned threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

dinneenp wrote: »
    g20_protests_in_toronto

LOL- photo 19, getting close to the action

22- WFT is the guy with the baseball hat doing?
    I've no problem with protesters campaigning for their various causes but similar to the protests before the Olympics in Vancouver there were a small group of these Black Blocs turning up with weapons and masks covering their faces for no other reason that to cause trouble. Disguisting. Some great pictures though. Thankfully the protests in Vancouver did not get overly violent!

Yet another case of Met Police abusing Photographers.... when will they learn.

Independant

Blog Account

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,345 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

vaguely similar situation, but a bit more ramshackle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfQrDK9YHas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

If any of you are interested:

http://kingsofconcrete.com/about.php

Skateboarding/Graffiti/Breakdancing and so on.

From about 11am onwards tomorrow & sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

DubMedic wrote: »
    If any of you are interested:

http://kingsofconcrete.com/about.php

Skateboarding/Graffiti/Breakdancing and so on.

From about 11am onwards tomorrow & sunday.

Dublin Sketchers are heading there also - some great pics up from last year.. quick google!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Not even slightly photography related but I thought it was to cool not to share!!!!
    In 'Back to the Future', Doc sets clock in DeLorean to a day 25 years in the future. Today is that day.

(found thanks to Dink)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

*Nerd! :P

*(But I have to confess, a great trilogy).

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,345 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

sNarah wrote: »
    Not even slightly photography related but I thought it was to cool not to share!!!!
    In 'Back to the Future', Doc sets clock in DeLorean to a day 25 years in the future. Today is that day.

(found thanks to Dink)
    unfortunately, not quite right as it turns out - i was hauled up after passing this on, and it turns out it's twenty five years to the day since BTTF premiered, not the day that doc programmed in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

unfortunately, not quite right as it turns out - i was hauled up after passing this on, and it turns out it's twenty five years to the day since BTTF premiered, not the day that doc programmed in.

The date he put in (BTTF II) was Oct 21st 2015

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

A Photo from an iPhone 3GS ( Professionally lit)

Non editied:
    4761631644_15641b073b.jpg
    Edited:
    4761002247_1c876b18ed.jpg

More info and videos on fstopper.com

Pretty impressive!

trooney wrote: »
    The date he put in (BTTF II) was Oct 21st 2015

Doh :( I'll be back! (in 5 years and 5 months muaha)

6, 9, 10 and 16 for me
    NBC Sports photos of the week

dinneenp wrote: »
    6, 9, 10 and 16 for me
    NBC Sports photos of the week
    no. 19 has a great full metal jacket feel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

For the gear heads. See inside a pro photojouralists kit bag.

Its David Burnett btw.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Looks like a hair dryer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

How awesome is THIS?
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Anybody have any recomendations of exhibitions or anything photography related in Dublin city centre? I'm on the train to Dublin and will have some free time but couldn't bring the camera :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Anybody have any recomendations of exhibitions or anything photography related in Dublin city centre? I'm on the train to Dublin and will have some free time but couldn't bring the camera :pac:

The Photography Ireland festival is on in multiple locations throughout the city.

http://www.photoireland.org/2010/

The site is down at the moment though.

Swing by 'The Complex' in Smithfield Square. The Open Call exhibition is on there. These were all selected from entries invited via pix.ie

Edit:- site is back up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

2007-12-14-EWWCT14.jpg

had a chuckle at this; times have changed a bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WStrQWBPV30#t=2m55s

You don't want amateur Canon and Nikon wielding " photographers " covering your wedding like the rest of them do , do you ? With their little flashes stuck on top . PATHETIC - and your wedding album will be that as well - PATHETIC , SKIMPY and SMALL , ugh .

You want LARGE FORMAT CAMERA PHOTOGRAPHY , You want Professional Photographer Michael McGrath who uses the very same LARGE CAMERAS as DAVID BAILEY - and to stunning effect .

You don't want part-timer housewives who might accidentally come up with a decent snapshot now and then , but fail with their skimpy amateurish Canon and Nikon entry-level equipment , do you ? You want the BEST , you want a Real Pro, you want Michael McGrath of Kilkenny, Ireland .

You don't want sales talk - and then - ahousewife with a puny Canon or Nikon digital turns up to photograph your wedding, do you ? Oh My God !!! Or even worse, a Digi Kid who might take snaps for the local paper , the fella who does those awful photos every week that you see in the local rag, do you ?

ARE YOU GOING TO TRUST YOUR WEDDING TO THAT GANG ?
    http://kilkennyphotographer.yolasite.com/large-wedding-format-camera-photography.php

guys, that's a rather large gauntlet that has been thrown down.
    i don't know whether that site is genuine or not.

That is just so random and crazy! The amount of text on it is mad!

HeHe

THE CHATROOM ON THIS WEBSITE IS HACKED AND HIJACKED AND SPAMMED AND IS NOW REPORTED TO THE POLICE , THE IRISH POLICE, AN GARDA SIOCHANA at the Police Station here at Dominic Street, Kilkenny City Ireland . It is suspected that the hacking and hijacking is criminally and illegally carried out on the instructions of a competitor photographer who recently commenced practise in a studio here in Kilkenny to his crimiinal agents here in Ireland .
    The Victim of this hacking operation to his chatroom on this website , Michael McGrath , has officially made a complaint which is now to be actively investigated .
    STATEMENT OF MICHAEL MCGRATH , PHOTOGRAPHER, OWNER OF THIS WEBSITE .
    I only discovered today , 18th June 2010 that my photographic website , Kilkenny Photographer, is hacked . An unknown ' Guest ' has broken into the CHATROOM on my website and issued untruths about me and my business there. This crimiinal consists of only one person as is obvious from the fact that she talks to herself ( only the one Guest Number is used as there is only one IP number involved - see for yourself ! ) .
    In my website CHATROOM here she actually speaks to herself , assuming two different identities of the same Guest , as is readily seen by the one Guest Number utilised in the commision of this office . She chooses two different ID's to to fool people , pretending that two ' Guests ' are speaking one to the other about me .

I feel therefore that this woman ( I know who she is and I have disclosed her as prime suspect to the Police this evening .
    As a clever liar and manipulator she puts forward the ruse that I have used the photographs of other photographers on this my website without their permission. This is a LIE . I have indeed published and publicised the photographs of photographers I admire, WITH THEIR PERMISSION ! I have enclosed their names publicly on their photographs in the hope that more people will recognise their photographs and buy prints from the excellent photographers concerned. This is normal practice between professional photographers , as they show off my photographs on their websites in return , worldwide , and I have made several good sales in this manner .

She then proceeds to initiate a ' CHAT' with a non-existent person about me, slandering me viciously which is of course the Object of her entire exercise in organising the hacking and hi8hjacking of my Chatroom here in the first place, not to criticise fairly - FAR FROM THAT in her criminal intent and illegal activity here !

Rather her game, as you can see, is to put me down, vilify and slander me and cause professional harm to me . I hope and pray that the Police identify this criminal person and that they get her the sentence she deserves for her hacking, hijacking and spamming in Court .

Nuts!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

sNarah wrote: »
    That is just so random and crazy! The amount of text on it is mad!

Absolutely, some real gems in there:
    You don't want amateur Canon and Nikon wielding " photographers " covering your wedding like the rest of them do , do you ? With their little flashes stuck on top . PATHETIC - and your wedding album will be that as well - PATHETIC , SKIMPY and SMALL , ugh
    http://kilkennyphotographer.yolasite.com/large-wedding-format-camera-photography.php

Sorry guys it seems the best camera is:
    The very best digital wedding camera, the best digital camera as used for weddings by most of the world's wedding photographers, is the Fuji Finepix S Pro . This camera is recommended by ALL experts and authorities as the best camera for weddings. It cost 2,500 Euroo when it came out .
    http://kilkennyphotographer.yolasite.com/the-best-digital-wedding-camera.php

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

That site is shocking, he doesn't like houswives, farmers and seemingly has an issue with parachutes!

• Advertisement

I hear he's for real too. Oddball.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement