Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus & Off Topic MkII...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,184 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Love the new feature where the number of "thanks" are shown

• Registered Users Posts: 30,184 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Love the new feature where the number of "thanks" are shown

Good to have the thank feature on boards mobile now too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Any appetite out there for a "Post your favourite Server Cluster Photo" thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Fair play to the Gardaí with this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

dinneenp wrote: »
    Fair play to the Gardaí with this!

Fair play, but they really should be using Pix.ie. Instead they are paying an American company for the ability to post photos on the internet!

a whole 25 bucks a year of the taxpayer's money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

a whole 25 bucks a year of the taxpayer's money.

It all adds up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

In fairness I can see why they'd use Flickr instead of Pix. It's much better known and is intergrated with mobile phones and such whereas Pix is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Newbies - this is quite good.

DTown episode dealing with noob issues to dSLR photography. Worth a look.

i can't help wondering that if the sex of the photographer and the subject had been reversed, would this image have done as well. i don't see a huge amount of merit in the photo.

NSFW warning: clicking on the photograph in the article reveals the full image, which is not the sort of thing you want your boss to catch you looking at in work.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2010/sep/17/panayiotis-lamprou-portrait-wife-photography#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Thats a terrible photo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

not sure if this has been posted before... you'd want eyes in the back of yer head these days... or would you?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

Jesus, there are 4 what camera type to buy and 1 lens type to buy thread on the front page, feels like I'm reading the "what Camera Sticky" every time I log on.....its gonna be a long run up to Chrimo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Ah cant believe I forgot to share this pic with you guys, thanks to Hogan poly for taking pics for me.

This is my first glimpse of the cake
    150380_1640755748745_1532348992_2354138_1876983_n.jpg

And here is the front, buttons in the right place and all
    74235_1640756468763_1532348992_2354141_8117103_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Anyone here use Onestop Digital? I seem to remember a few saying they did.

I went to look at the Canon 100mm f2.8 in town - €629, compared to €457 on the website. I was willing to pay a little more in a retail outlet so I wouldn't have to order from abroad this close to Christmas...but not that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I bought my 24-70/2.8L from them. Paid on Sunday, arrived to Tallaght on Wednesday. I cannot complain at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

http://vimeo.com/7422957

Really wanna try this

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Hows's everyone enjoying the snow?

5217585249_3e823cc770_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Anyone here use Onestop Digital? I seem to remember a few saying they did.

I went to look at the Canon 100mm f2.8 in town - €629, compared to €457 on the website. I was willing to pay a little more in a retail outlet so I wouldn't have to order from abroad this close to Christmas...but not that much.

Bought from them. had to pay import duty but claimed it back from them. got refunded the next day. Delivery took a bit of time as customs stopped it. Customs told me if onestop put value of item on the package I'd have gotten it a lot quicker.

I'll buy from them again no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ha ha ha ha ha....... sorry I don't mean to be mean but I laughed hard earlier. I was up on Henrietta Street earlier taking some photos in the snow. As I was exiting Kings Inn a metrosexual and some pals were walking down towards Bolton Street. The metreosexual (with camera in hand) was whining about not having snowballs thrown in his general direction because he was using his 'expensive' camera.

A few minutes later I was about half way down the street when I spotted a moggy running up in the snow. I snapped him from my position. The moggy ran out onto the footpath which caught the attention of the metrosexual. In an attempt to catch the moggy on 'film' he moved rather too suddenly and fell over quite hard. After picking himself up off the ground he proceeded to curse and curse and.......... curse some more in a rather shrill voice. It was hilarous, I'm mean, I know.

You just had to be there, I'm still smiling to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

And you didn't get any snaps of him on the ground?

• Advertisement

Effects wrote: »
    And you didn't get any snaps of him on the ground?

tut tut tut, what a bad photog :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement