Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus & Off Topic MkII...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

stetyrrell wrote: »
    that's a lovely looking ass ricky ;)
    Careful now Ted, you don't want to make the other farmers jealous...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

democrates wrote: »
    Careful now Ted, you don't want to make the other farmers jealous...

It's alright, I'm not a farmer :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Ricky91t wrote: »
    It's alright, I'm not a farmer :pac:
    In any case.. they ALL have lovely asses!

Seriously though, have you an ass for a pet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I want the software they're using ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

democrates wrote: »
    In any case.. they ALL have lovely asses!

Seriously though, have you an ass for a pet?

Yes, two... Well one's a hinny(offspring of a male horse and a female donkey) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

This off topic thread, is not off-topic enough

How is everyone? I hope you's all had a great Christmas.

I have been drinking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

141003.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

:D:D:D
    The 100mm f2.8 at the top WENT UP nearly 2 euro!

Just outta curiosity, the film prints were obviously developed and printed in a certain way, why was this opportunity not afforded to the digital images? Seems pointless comparison otherwise!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

mehfesto wrote: »
    Just outta curiosity, the film prints were obviously developed and printed in a certain way
    from the link:
    "Processing for film is as follows:
    1. Capture Analog
    2. Remove film
    3. Drop off at (or ship to) local photo lab
    4. Pick up (or receive by mail) scans and processed film
    5. Open files from CD in Photoshop"

there's no suggestion of any prints being made that i can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

mehfesto wrote: »
    Just outta curiosity, the film prints were obviously developed and printed in a certain way, why was this opportunity not afforded to the digital images? Seems pointless comparison otherwise!

Somehow I have difficulty believing that your average digicam would survive 3'15" in C-41 developer, let alone the 6 minutes in the bleach or fix :D

Seriously though, I'm always a little suspicious of these comparisons. Done by the digi crowd they always result in a sound film trashing. Done by film afficionados they result in digital coming up poor second.
    Film still definately has advantages in terms of dynamic range, and the stochastic nature of film grain just looks nicer than digital noise. But certainly, in terms of process at least, digital has marked advantages.

I agree. There's nothing to be had from them - they always tend to lend a little bias in them. It's just another a form of fanboyery, I reckon - Mac vs PC or Xbox vs Playstation, etc. etc.

People should use whatever the hell they want, but jesus - shut up about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Free wedding photographer anyone?

I can only imagine...
    PLEASE HELP_!
    Hi all i booked this wedding photographer who sd h'd do it 4 free n he turned up w like just a disposable camera and nw w dnt have any picz and he dsnt pick up his mob what shld i do now??????????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

that's a bit unfair, sNarah!!

You think so?

With no replies back from the OP after 2 weeks? I reckon it's well dodgy...

loads of reasons why that could be though. and as he hasn't put any links to samples up it's a bit unfair to suggest he's crap!! :confused: it's prob just someone trying to get experience in a tough industry in a tough climate - no need to knock his entrepreneurial spirit, is basically what i'm sayin'.

Mmmh fair enough yes!

Maybe I should be less cynical in 2011!

Bad sNarah

*slaps wrist*

• Advertisement

ah don't mind me. i'm all strung out on uni-flu and cointreau :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

D'ya know something?

This world we live in is truely beautiful!

http://www.vimeo.com/5606758

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

When are you getting yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

artyeva wrote: »
    loads of reasons why that could be though. and as he hasn't put any links to samples up it's a bit unfair to suggest he's crap!! :confused: it's prob just someone trying to get experience in a tough industry in a tough climate - no need to knock his entrepreneurial spirit, is basically what i'm sayin'.

It could well be genuine. I was at my cousins wedding and took a lot of photos and made a book for her. Preview of book here. Some could be in a similar position and think that they might get into wedding photography but want to 'try it out' first.
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Well it's kinda on topic but interestin none the less!

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/01/04/insanely-awesome-solar-eclipse-picture/

ISS passes by the sun during a solar eclipse. I don't think it's the ISS at all, it looks more like a tie fighter to me!

thierry_eclipse_iss.jpg

They are reallyy nice, but I've never understood why people would pay a couple of hundred quid+ for one. Part of the fun of messing about with lo-fi stuff is doing it all yourself from first principles. These always struck me as boutique cameras for the lomo digital generation.
    as posted elsewhere:

13_04012011.jpg

18_04012011.jpg

Effin hell!

efe_20110104_144355_pa0372filipino_1.jpg

A local councilman shot to death on New Year's Eve in the Philippines accidentally photographed his killer pointing a gun at him just before pulling the trigger. In the photo above, victim Reynaldo Dagsa's smiling family members are posed against a car; the alleged killer is at left, and an alleged lookout is at right. The photo led to the arrest of two suspects, one of whom was a car thief out on bail, presumed to be looking for revenge against Dagsa.

From here

• Advertisement

Poor family

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement