Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus & Off Topic MkII...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

Went in to pick up the films I left in for developing. The guy recognises me and looks unhappy "your roll came out blank; there's only one exposure" Arse. Has happened once before so I'm staring at the one exposure on the negative and trying to figure out what it's of and how I wrote off the roll. I ask about the other two rolls and confuse him completely. Turns out he's mixed my order up with someone who he reckons looks like my twin and my stuff is grand. I'm just glad he didn't give my film to that other guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Yeah he used to work in the HSE mixing up patients due for surgery. "There's good news and there's bad news"...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Kodak moments...........:)

E6E77905E5804EA4B01761AFFC28F94B-500.jpg

A015A5697D784F14983C8E8DCCA0226E-500.jpg

/got them on an e-mail

democrates wrote: »
    Yeah he used to work in the HSE mixing up patients due for surgery. "There's good news and there's bad news"...

funnily enough I hear when they prep you for surgery they write "this leg" on the leg to be chopped open. Saves accidents I suppose

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The Bad News is we amputated the wrong leg.

The Good News is that we can't find anything wrong with the other leg now.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

fall_foliage.png

:D

Possibly the funniest internet cartoon site going

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Nisio wrote: »
    Possibly the funniest internet cartoon site going

It's true ... although the mouseover alt text on the images is often as funny as the image itself.

OP or Mod, could you turn that image above into a link to the cartoon on the XKCD site ? Simple politeness :)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

OP or Mod, could you turn that image above into a link to the cartoon on the XKCD site ? Simple politeness :)
    Good call - done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

funny-laptop-portable-pics-2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Tallon wrote: »

He's either a reeeally small man, or...... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,530 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Tallon wrote: »

Thats one handy laptop stand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Brilliant. And Tip #5 makes you wonder if that comes (as well...) from own experience...;)

Took a while too load but its beutiful

http://www.sp-images.co.uk/panoramas/files/boscastle1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Is it ok to post this here? I made it last night and figured the good people of the photography forum would appreciate it more than anyone else.

Living with Aids:

They say that pictures can tell a story better than words, this is proof of that

Beautiful photos, but at the same time, very sad

http://www.ralfbrunner.com/Website/Bilder/reportage/aids/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Lovely Autumn photos/colors, all 'natural' !!!! :p

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/10/autumn_scenes.html

Good shots but they'd look better in black and white, y'know real photography...

EOS 3D rumour:
    QoF3F.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

democrates wrote: »
    EOS 3D rumour:
    oVgJX.jpg

Who ever did this should have shopped out the the middle buttons. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

The discussion on how to shake up the Photography Forum looks set to continue and I thought, since my view is a bit off topic that I could bring some ideas in here.

I always keep in mind that the Forum started with a handful of people who seem to know one another personally and that they seem to be the "core posters" who produce moderators and set the general tenor of the threads.

I joined about 16 months ago and have found the tips and graphic solutions the most helpful overall. The C&C does not attract me much and as this post
    http://usenet.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62635713&postcount=100
    shows, I am more comfortable with themes that last over time and give a sense of continuity to my work. Posting here is a very small part of my everyday activity at the computer and, over time, I hope to speed up a lot.

The people who lurk probably do so for many reasons and it is difficult to work out why they do so if they remain silent or do not post photos.

This is not limited to the Photography Forum and it may be worth thinking about the fact that, since Twitter and easier posting via 'phones and mobile systems have become more common, there are less posters to chat rooms and forum overall on the Internet. This has been remarked on here:

http://ww2.techfocus.net/index.php

I think that there probably is an "average poster" to this Forum and that I am quite typical of that type. I come here daily, don't always post, do so when an interesting thread is started, keep my personal themes up and rolling by updating some rolling thread or other, wonder about fashionable colour schemes or effects and ask for advice when I run into trouble.

Many posters also work and in the past six months or so, many work places have put net-nanny type blocks on their systems to control workers who may be spending work time online.

I don't know if this is of use for helping to see the way forward. Many posters may have stopped visiting, but many new ones have arrived.

I think that by joining in discussions on the Design Forum and various Internet tips sites around Boards.ie we could join forces with posters there and re-invigourate the Forum.

There is also the Ladies Lounge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Anouilh wrote: »
    I always keep in mind that the Forum started with a handful of people who seem to know one another personally

Actually, the forum came first, the pub came next, friends came last. We didn't know each other before boards - boards was what connected us IRL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I always like the way the pub comes before friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

without pub, there can be no friends. Is how the world works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

elven wrote: »
    without pub, there can be no friends. Is how the world works.

sounds like a movie quote that was changed slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

trishw78 wrote: »
    sounds like a movie quote that was changed slightly.

yes ... its slightly tortured syntax brings Yoda to mind for some reason ... "Without pub ... being Friends there cannot ... Hnggggg"

Yes well done elven, reminded me of Leon the professional, would make a fine sig...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

a01_20758177.jpg

Source: Boston.Com
    click through to original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

TLR cardboard sculpture.
    http://vimeo.com/6933339

Photos taken with it as a pin hole.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/theophoto/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement