Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus & Off Topic MkII...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Was gonna post this on the random thread after Kate's 110 image but it got too long so i'm dropping it here.
    katiemaloe wrote: »
    Here is the lady who owned my 110 before me.... isn't she just class! :)

link

Any camera which has its own fold out handle is class :)

Is this the one you had loaded for a few years / came in the camera when bought / that we saw yesterday / and finally developed?

Ah, 110 - I think that kinda machine was my first ever camera - probably given from an older brother.

I think the first thing I shot with it was U2 in Croke Park (first time they played Croke Park) - that was 1984. Bono's first words on stage "The Jacks are Back". They were still performing "An Cat Dubh" at that stage :rolleyes:. It was the Unforgettable Fire tour.

I know the prints from that roll of 110 film is in my attic somewhere. Next time i'm up there I must see are they somewhere handy and maybe scan a few. I also recall, In Tua Nua were playing solo and I think I have a couple of snaps of Leslie Dowdall there too with a fab long blue coat (and maybe a jump suit or something 80's like that - lol). The Alarm, REM and Squeeze were on the bill too if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭CraggyIslander

from xkcd.com

fall_foliage.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Usually I never complain about irish weather. But today I have to!
    Bought myself my first SLR today (Nikon D3000 jiipeeee) and now I can't go outside playing with it :mad:
    Ah well, probably should read the manual first anyway.

/rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

xia wrote: »
    Bought myself my first SLR today (Nikon D3000 jiipeeee) and now I can't go outside playing with it :mad:

/rant over

Welcome to the Nikon family. :)

• Advertisement

Welcome to the Nikon family. :)

Thanks:) My compact is a Nikon as well (if that counts), and the Nikon was simply better for me to handle than the Canon 450D - sorry CabanSail;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

/rant over

photograph stuff indoors (I photographed a cricket ball last night using a page of a3 paper as a background I was delighted with myself. ) :D

sad I know.

I wasn't creative enough. Just took a few snaps of what was around me anyway. Sn the results were..well, they are all deleted now;)
    I'm in Germany for the next days and at least for tomorrow the forecast is cold, sunny and beautiful autumn colours...Like today. Just a pity I ended up spending basically the whole day travelling, thanks to a 1 1/2 hour flight that was delayed by two hours.:eek: But it gave me enough time to read the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

..Bought myself my first SLR today (Nikon ....

So you've bought yourself a toy camera :D

Congratulations and enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

lens.jpg

does it come with image stabilisation?????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Thanks:) Nikon was simply better for me to handle than the Canon 450D - sorry CabanSail;)

Apologies accepted. Not sure why though?

I am welded into the Nikon System.

Make sure you are at the meeting next Tuesday as we have a Nikon Night.

CabanSail wrote: »
    Apologies accepted. Not sure why though?

I am welded into the Nikon System.

Make sure you are at the meeting next Tuesday as we have a Nikon Night.

I got the impression at the film meet that you're more in favour of Canon. Anyways.
    Not sure if I'll understand anything they wil talk about that tuesday but probably will give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

As photographers, you have to be aware, well ? are ye aware?...........ie. aware of everything ?
    ok.......lets put it to the test !

http://www.dothetest.co.uk/basketball.html

:eek::p

Outside of the freak show gadget-junkie who would use this?
    http://spiderholster.com/#spider-pro-system

Outside of the freak show gadget-junkie who would use this?
    http://spiderholster.com/#spider-pro-system

Admit it, you want one... :D

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Admit it, you want one... :D

Maybe when/if I have to carry more than 1 or 2 D3s about. :o:p:D

There is a tremendous thread over in creative writing called today's observation with some gems of writing in it. Some of our very own peoples are over there too. I wanted to post something but I wasn't nearly as poetic as them guys are (they ARE really good). So I decided that i'd put the pain of it on you guys;

Today I observed that it is much nicer to listen to music on the way to and from work than morning or drive time radio. Tune into a music only station.

It works on the premise of - why have 1 hour of moan and groan before you start the day or at the end of your day. Surely this will do nothing for your mood. Pick up the news headlines and then allow your music to take you to the places of your memories and dreams.

I recommend lyric for relaxation or grab the young un's Muse cd if you want to arrive into work ready for a revolution.

Try it tomorrow.

So, what have you observed today????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

On Tuesday I thought of my aunt out of the blue,
    it's been some years, I mused a visit was due.

On Wednesday I learn she died the day before,
    As you can imagine my jaw hit the floor.

It made me look at the cosmos anew
    There's much more than what we can prove to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Tallon wrote: »
    lens.jpg

I bet his other arm is weak and girly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Hi all, so I just thought i'd create a thread here to say farewell to Dodgykeeper aka Fergus. Although my username says I am around here a long time I only joined this forum less than 2 years ago. Quite quickly I became friends with Fergus, along with others.

Dodgy has given me great advice, either through boards or through our gmail chats. We met first in person a year ago when he invited me along to an outing, we have since met numerous times and most recently worked on shoots together.

I have found boards to be a great place, people here have helped me get to where I am now and I value everyones opinion, I even enjoy the odd row here and there, ok sometimes things get heated here every once in a while but we get over it.

Since Dodgykeeper has made quite a difference to my photography, in terms of giving me advice and honest criticism I am sure he has done so for others too and has many friends here. Dodgykeeper was recently banned, I dont know why as there were no recent arguments, but I for one would like to say farewell Dodgy we will miss you and your yummy grub photos even your whinging will be missed. I hope the mods change their mind but if not, farewell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Since Dodgykeeper has made quite a difference to my photography, in terms of giving me advice and honest criticism I am sure he has done so for others too and has many friends here. Dodgykeeper was recently banned, I dont know why as there were no recent arguments, but I for one would like to say farewell Dodgy we will miss you and your yummy grub photos even your whinging will be missed. I hope the mods change their mind but if not, farewell.

I have to agree. I haven't seen anything recently worth an infraction, never mind a ban. But, the powers that be seem to make their own decisions.

A very good sports photographer (damn competition winner for the Ireland-Italy game), and excellent food photographer too.

Always full of advice, and honest (if even blunt) C&C, but all given in genuine manner and never anything malicious.

He'll be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

What the flip? I had a look through his post history and I see nothing worthy of a slap in the wrist, never mind a ban. This a boards.ie ban or just specific forums?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Photography forum i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

I think I know which thread it was but nothing in it as far as I'm aware. It has been deleted to cover someone's ass I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

kensutz wrote: »
    I think I know which thread it was but nothing in it as far as I'm aware. It has been deleted to cover someone's ass I reckon.

That might explain why no one has a clue what he was banned for, or even why it was a permanent ban from photography.

Mods thinking of themselves, rather than the greater good??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I am not sure why he has been banned but he was sailing VERY close to the wind when I modded this forum along with others. He was constantly questioning moderator decisions by pm and making a general nuisance of himself. Granted when he actually stepped down from his role as unofficial moderator of the forum he contributed handsomely but I suspect he continued on his harassing behaviour of the current mods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Hmm...strange alright.

Maybe we should start one of charybdis's on-line petitions ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement