Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus & Off Topic MkII...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

gandalf wrote: »
    He was constantly questioning moderator decisions by pm .

I forgot ... you can't question a mod nor ask a question. :rolleyes:

Mind you, wasn't there a discussion that said that a PM was the way to ask a question, rather than posting to a thread??

Again, can't say I've seen anything recently to cause a problem. If he was causing hassle by PM, then simply block his PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Was it that thebaz C&C thread ? All his 'contributions' to that thread appear to have been disappeared, along with AR's. Just as a by your leave though, how did you come to the conclusion that he was banned ? I can't find any indication that he is. I'm not saying he's not mind, just that I thought ordinarily it was put beside your name in whatever posts you made.

Anyhow, this thread probably isn't long for this world either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

I was banned from LL for in thread mod discussion! But was told the way to question decisions was via PM. The world has gone mad.

*off to look at the rule book*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I'm going to open a book of condolence and hold a candle light vigil. It's a terribly tragedy

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Paulw wrote: »
    I forgot ... you can't question a mod nor ask a question. :rolleyes:

Mind you, wasn't there a discussion that said that a PM was the way to ask a question, rather than posting to a thread??

Again, can't say I've seen anything recently to cause a problem. If he was causing hassle by PM, then simply block his PMs.

Again I do not know the current reason but let me assure you from my time as a moderator here it wasn't a single pm, no moderator has a problem with that but a constant stream of questioning your decisions when no one else is becomes very tiresome. Also due to the nature of moderating you cannot turn off pms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭leinsterman

rymus wrote: »
    I'm going to open a book of condolence and hold a candle light vigil. It's a terribly tragedy

Yeah we had none of that banning stuff in your day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Again I do not know the current reason but let me assure you it wasn't a single pm, no moderator has a problem with that but a constant stream of questioning your decisions when no one else is becomes very tiresome. Also due to the nature of moderating you cannot turn off pms.

Maybe a mod or the mod in question can clarify so as to ensure no one breaks the specific rule(s) in such a manner again ??

Yeah we had none of that banning stuff in your day!

No, there was banning, it was just the mourning and mindless blubbering afterwards that wasn't allowed. That was back when men were men and pansy was the name of a flower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Had to laugh at Kinetic^ thanking Gandalf's post. Nice to see him sticking his head in on things he hasn't a f*cking clue about yet again.

Anyway, tbh I'd suggest opening a thread in Helpdesk as it's the only place that people are allowed discuss these type things these days. I'm sure the mods had a very good reason for their actions and since I've been posting/lurking here I haven't seen many, if any, bans and especially unreasonable bans handed out.

I'm sure all will be explained so I guess my advice would be for everyone to relax for the moment.

Just as a by your leave though, how did you come to the conclusion that he was banned ?

I was just talking to him. So, yeah, he's banned from photography.

• Advertisement

Rb wrote: »
    Nice to see him sticking his head in on things he hasn't a f*cking clue about yet again.

I really hope that comment is not directed at me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I really hope that comment is not directed at me?
    Oh no of course not! Sorry if it came across that way!

I was just commenting on that persons tendancy to stick their head into things, like he did in the Poker forum, without any prior knowledge of the subject or the context that a situation has arisen in.

Sorry again! :)

epic thread merge fail.

Rb wrote: »
    Oh no of course not! Sorry if it came across that way!

I was just commenting on that persons tendancy to stick their head into things, like he did in the Poker forum, without any prior knowledge of the subject or the context that a situation has arisen in.

Sorry again! :)

NPS just a bit grumpy today !!!!

Will try to calm down...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

rymus wrote: »
    epic thread merge fail.

BIG TIME!

kensutz wrote: »
    BIG TIME!

I guess it's the way for the mods to try and hide the discussion. But since this is the "off topic" discussion, it can be ignored by mods too.

Certainly a lesson for how not to merge threads/discussions.

It came across as a "let's hide this in the off topic thread" in my opinion! :D

down with that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Bring back Calina, Fajitas and Rymus. Old school was better

If you have a problem with this start a thread in either the helpdesk or the feedback forum. Most of you are here long enough to realise that is where you go to question moderators decisions.

Go to feedback if you want an open discussion.

Co to helpdesk if you want an admin response.

• Advertisement

kensutz wrote: »
    Bring back Calina, Fajitas and Rymus. Old school was better

Ah here, let's not go to extremes. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Oh noessss

psh. I did it by myself. I dont need no stinkin help.

Fun times for mods for the next few days! I can see an uproar on the horizon :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

The present mods on photography are excellent... Previous mods/ temp mods were not and I include gandalf and rymus in this, rymus typical smart arse yet when I had some smart arsedness back with him on his pixie poor guy was whinging.
    Merging threads was a failure yes, dk like myself was pretty honest and yeah we are both so honest speaking we've even disagreed with each other in our last 2 or so threads, but we give it and we can damn well take it.
    I for one will def miss him because very few honest speaking people here.
    I do think if u get a ban there should be a mid explaining why. I again like a few others said don't know the facts and I'm posting this on the iPhone so prob loads of typos but.....again I should add the present mods are pretty damn good mods and I'm surprised that it's got to this stage.

I'd give you the thumbs up AR, but I had no experience with previous mods. I do think, because it's sought after, an explanation should be provided on the recent banning

Previous mods/ temp mods were not and I include gandalf and rymus in this

you werent even around when I was a mod you ****ing twat.

The present mods on photography are excellent... Previous mods/ temp mods were not....again I should add the present mods are pretty damn good mods and I'm surprised that it's got to this stage.

Have to agree, for the large part. The place has been great of late, which I think is why a good few are surprised to hear of the ban. I haven't seen any hassle on here in a good while.

Still no helpdesk or feedback thread, not that important after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

KarmaGarda wrote: »
    I'd give you the thumbs up AR, but I had no experience with previous mods. I do think, because it's sought after, an explanation should be provided on the recent banning

Have to agree, and the sooner the better to minimise the fuel on the fire

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement