Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus & Off Topic MkII...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I merged this with the OOF thread not to supress discussion of his banning. If I want to supress discussion I would have locked and deleted the thread. And handed out more than one warning.

If you have a problem with his banning Help desk & feedback is where to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

aha, so you're the asshat :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

gandalf wrote: »
    Still no helpdesk or feedback thread, not that important after all.

I personally am not looking for it. I'm kind of hinting here of a way they should proceed in my opinion as opposed to waiting for something to appear in helpdesk and hope to sweep it under the carpet.

I have no issues with most of the moderating that happens in the photography forum. But when something like this happens it's better to be proactive than reactive.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

rymus wrote: »
    you werent even around when I was a mod you ****ing twat.
    Rofl

And AR said there's no honesty on the forum :D
    gandalf wrote: »
    Still no helpdesk or feedback thread, not that important after all.

Bingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

KarmaGarda wrote: »
    I personally am not looking for it. I'm kind of hinting here of a way they should proceed in my opinion as opposed to waiting for something to appear in helpdesk and hope to sweep it under the carpet.

I have no issues with most of the moderating that happens in the photography forum. But when something like this happens it's better to be proactive than reactive.

Totally agree - I just think a public post might be a better option, that explains any infraction, so others can benefit from the clarification.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

The biggest problem with Feedback and Helpdesk is that you're opening the discussion to a bunch of people who have no idea of the context and who, for the most part, will just support the moderators decision because they're moderators. I haven't seen such behaviour from the Photo mods on Feedback but there's a plethora of other mods waiting in the shadows ready to pounce in the defense of another moderators action and it can be incredibly frustrating to be at the receiving end of this behaviour by the circle jerk.

So if you're going to go to Feedback about it, be prepared :)

Helpdesk is, for the most part, useless. One poster vs the mods/cmod/admin who'll generally have eachothers back? Load of ****. Again though, not an issue I've seen with the mods here so wouldn't expect the same outcome.

I did say *most* of the moderating :D. But I personally don't see the point in complaining. They have a hard enough job as it is.

And I have a fair idea of the banning reason already.

I did say *most* of the moderating :D. But I personally don't see the point in complaining. They have a hard enough job as it is.

And I have a fair idea of the banning reason already.

Maybe you can share it with us?

I didn't give the ban. So I could be wrong. Let's just say I've added 2 and 2. Might have got 5 though :pac:

I didn't give the ban. So I could be wrong. Let's just say I've added 2 and 2. Might have got 5 though :pac:

Lets say, hypothetically speaking, that you did give the ban. Why would you have done so....? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

rymus wrote: »
    you werent even around when I was a mod you ****ing twat.

You are so damned sexy when ure angry, I could shove my Tongue in your mouth, do suck on a few polos b4 hand as I have standards like.
    XX

Hypothetically speaking, if I was a moderator?

I'd then tell you to post in helpdesk or feedback if you had a problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

You are so damned sexy when ure angry, I could shove my Tongue in your mouth, do suck on a few polls b4 hand as I have standards like.
    XX

oh stop you're making me feel sick.

yup. still a twat.

Hypothetically speaking, if I was a moderator?

I'd then tell you to post in helpdesk or feedback if you had a problem :D

But I don't hypothetically have a problem (that I know of) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Are u denying his sexuality Trish?

mrboswell wrote: »
    But I don't hypothetically have a problem (that I know of) :D

Basically, if I started discussing why I thought he got the ban would I then get a warning? I don't know. It's already been mentioned that this was moved to off topic instead of handing out warnings so I'm going to keep my own opinions to myself.

But, hypothetically speaking, if my opinion of why a person may have been banned is true, then I might probably be of the opinion that it's horrifically harsh. All my hypothetical opinion of course :pac:

Pffft. Why are people complaining - I haven't seen posts as funny as this in yonks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

My apologies if it seems like I'm speaking out of place/or whatever but I have to say I'm a little disappointed with some of the posts I'm seeing here today.

I haven't been active very long in this forum, only about the last 18months or so and by and large it's a great place to be. Everyone is generally very helpful and pleasant and the mods do a great job. From what I know this is absolutely not what the photography forum used to be, it was cut throat, lots of abuse being hurled about etc. As I said though, in the time that I've been here it's been excellent and the forum I frequent the most.

I'm a little disappointed by all the smart ass comments I've seen today, the bitching at one another and the down right rude remarks. While we don't know the reasons behind banning isn't it a bit much to assume there is some big mod conspiracy going on to keep it quiet. And what is with all the anti-mod sentiment today?

Like I said, I wasn't around when the place was bad and if today is a reflection of how those times were I'm glad I wasn't. Don't let it slip back to that.

Fair enough KarmaGarda.

• Advertisement

From what I know this is absolutely not what the photography forum used to be, it was cut throat, lots of abuse being hurled about etc.

I think you got the wrong forum there, then...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I think you got the wrong forum there, then...

Oh the memories. Full frame sensors at dawn. Blood spattered across the viewfinders. Having to clean brains off the end of the lens. BRAINS. I asks ya.

those truly were the good days.

Fair enough Fajitas! Here's my complaint.

I think you're smelly. I live in the opposite side of london than you and I get wafts of farts drifting over the Thames. I'm putting an official compaint in with the department of health about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'm a little disappointed by all the smart ass comments I've seen today, the bitching at one another and the down right rude remarks.

We're all grown ups

he has a point.. you do fart a lot.

+1 to the complaint

Please don't jump down my throat (members or mods)

As we are all part of an on-line photography community would it be a suitable idea to open a new thread with a poll of ideas as to how the members of this community can help it evolve in such a way as to make all members feel as though they have an equal say.

Can photography on boards be somewhat "self regulating" ??

Fair enough Fajitas! Here's my complaint.

I think you're smelly. I live in the opposite side of london than you and I get wafts of farts drifting over the Thames. I'm putting an official compaint in with the department of health about you.

You think they're farts!?!

Oh dear.

we had one of those threads a couple of years back. It evolved into possibly the biggest argument that was ever had on boards. People were banned because of that thread alone. That was a fun week.

• Advertisement

mrboswell wrote: »
    Can photography on boards be somewhat "self regulating" ??

Well, in a perfect world, that'd work, but unfortunately, on forums as large as this, with as many personalities, different content, opinions, etc, it just dosn't work.

To be fair, moderators are picked from the current users, based on who's online, helpful, and would progress the forum.

Otherwise, there'd be absolute chaos.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement