Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus & Off Topic MkII...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

mrboswell wrote: »
    Please don't jump down my throat (members or mods)

As we are all part of an on-line photography community would it be a suitable idea to open a new thread with a poll of ideas as to how the members of this community can help it evolve in such a way as to make all members feel as though they have an equal say.

Can photography on boards be somewhat "self regulating" ??

We pretty much ARE 'self regulating'. As KS remarks, we're all adults here. The mods have to do a bit of ... housekeeping ... every now and again to maintain the forum to a reasonable standard and to ensure their own lives aren't made a misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

rymus wrote: »
    we had one of those threads a couple of years back. It evolved into possibly the biggest argument that was ever had on boards. People were banned because of that thread alone. That was a fun week.

I created a monster that time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

was that you? I thought it was that insufferable knobend 440hz that created it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I'm kinda surprised that this is considered off topic. I opened a thread discussing the effect Dodgykeeper had on my photography whilst at the same time wishing him farewell from the forum, I dont understand how that is off topc, I did not ask why he was banned but I am unawares as to why.

I have posted in feedback since I have come online again, as I would like to know why this thread has been moved, I am aware Trish says it was moved instead of warnings or infractions or whatever she exactly said although I hope I am not considered to be one of those who may have gotten a warning as I do not see anything in the post that would be off topic or against rules.... I'm soprry Trish I am not trying to go against you on this but are we not free to discuss the effect another forum member has on our photography? I mean we are free to discuss well known photographers so why not each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

We pretty much ARE 'self regulating'. As KS remarks, we're all adults here. The mods have to do a bit of ... housekeeping ... every now and again to maintain the forum to a reasonable standard and to ensure their own lives aren't made a misery.

And rightly so but does this "housekeeping" involve sweeping things under the carpet?

I think people are just looking for a bit of transparency...

• Advertisement

I'm kinda surprised that this is considered off topic. I opened a thread discussing the effect Dodgykeeper had on my photography whilst at the same time wishing him farewell from the forum, I dont understand how that is off topc, I did not ask why he was banned but I am unawares as to why.

I'd imagine it was moved because it was anticipated (quite correctly) that it would swiftly degenerate into the trainwreck that it's rapidly becoming :D

I'd imagine it was moved because it was anticipated (quite correctly) that it would swiftly degenerate into the trainwreck that it's rapidly becoming :D

That depends on your point of view...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

you are more than welcome to discuss other photographers but the thread in question developed into anything but discussing how great DK was for your work etc.

And rightly so but does this "housekeeping" involve sweeping things under the carpet?

I know my housekeeping always does. The carpet is all lumpy and squishy now. I'm scared to move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

was that you? I thought it was that insufferable knobend 440hz that created it.

Oh yeah that was him

• Advertisement

I'm kinda surprised that this is considered off topic. I opened a thread discussing the effect Dodgykeeper had on my photography whilst at the same time wishing him farewell from the forum
    In general, starting a thread to

1. wish someone well when they've left of their own accord = good
    2. condolences when a member dies = good
    3. wish someone well when they've been forcibly removed = not good

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

KarmaGarda wrote: »
    I was banned from LL for in thread mod discussion!

Hang on here a mo...I first thought you were a girl, then it was established somewhere that you were a bloke and now your a girl again??!! What's the nature of your business in London?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Jaysus MrBoswell, you'd wanna relax there, you've already seemingly dedicated a good 10% of your posts to this topic.

In general, starting a thread to

1. wish someone well when they've left of their own accord = good
    2. condolences when a member dies = good
    3. wish someone well when they've been forcibly removed = not good

1. 2. 3. = maybe just your opinion...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

humberklog wrote: »
    Hang on here a mo...I first thought you were a girl, then it was established somewhere that you were a bloke and now your a girl again??!! What's the nature of your business in London?

I'm a bloke... except at weekends when I wear a pink dress and go by the name bubblegum lips.

the evidence speaks for itself.

I'm a bloke... except at weekends when I wear a pink dress and go by the name bubblegum lips.

Self Protrait or it doesn't happen

Actually, I would love to know how I was considered a girl at somestage? What the, the, the FLIP like?

Rb wrote: »
    Jaysus MrBoswell, you'd wanna relax there, you've already seemingly dedicated a good 10% of your posts to this topic.

Listen Rb - this could have easily been sorted an hour ago...
    I feel that it merits discussion just as much as you felt the need to respond to my "10%" of posts.

Besides I'm not working today... ;)

(surreptitiously starts looking through KGs flickr and pix.ie streams)

• Advertisement

trishw78 wrote: »

You might just be sorry you requested that! I have very UNphotogenic legs.... actually... no, not gonna happen....

Actually, I would love to know how I was considered a girl at somestage? What the, the, the FLIP like?

Maybe it's all that mooching about on the jayzuz LL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

trishw78 wrote: »

He's well known around London

(surreptitiously starts looking through KGs flickr and pix.ie streams)

*looks up surreptitiously...*

Ohhh, that's YOU who sneaks round my nudes section :eek:

You might just be sorry you requested that! I have very UNphotogenic legs.... actually... no, not gonna happen....

Photoshop... airbrushing

Fajitas! wrote: »

Tellin ya. Me and Fajitas! meet up quite regularly in Soho.

*looks up surreptitiously...*

Ohhh, that's YOU

Starting sentences in that manner is also a reason why would may assume your a girlygirl type thing. Coooeeey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Listen Rb - this could have easily been sorted an hour ago...
    I feel that it merits discussion just as much as you felt the need to respond to my "10%" of posts.

Besides I'm not working today... ;)
    There's many better ways to spend an afternoon off than fighting internet battles, trust me, I've been in enough ranging from the Lisbon Treaty to the attitudes of Irish surfers :D

humberklog wrote: »
    Starting sentences in that manner is also a reason why would may assume your a girlygirl type thing. Coooeeey.

I've learnt my lesson dear mr klogs. I'll never visit LL again... in fact I haven't since that banning :D

• Advertisement

Rb wrote: »
    There's many better ways to spend an afternoon off than fighting internet battles, trust me, I've been in enough ranging from the Lisbon Treaty to the attitudes of Irish surfers :D

Too true RB - but - it probably could have been easily sorted with a preemptive (and locked) post...

I fear this type situation will rear its ugly head many times again unless something is done (properly) :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement