Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Common misconceptions universally accepted

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

But when dealing with large numbers ;
    " 2 + 2 = 5 "

Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

My Grannie used to say "Money can't buy happiness", and I used to believe her.
    I used to believe in the tooth fairy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

The Frosties Kid did not kill himself nor was he beaten to death by bullies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

wilson10 wrote: »
    My Grannie used to say "Money can't buy happiness", and I used to believe her.
    I used to believe in the tooth fairy too.
    In a way she's right, what you should have said is "perhaps, but having **** loads of money does make you happy".

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

ScumLord wrote: »
    In a way she's right, what you should have said is "perhaps, but having **** loads of money does make you happy".

Gimme the money and I'll bet I can prove her wrong.

I could be ecstatically happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

The Holocaust!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭chiliconparmi

asdasd wrote: »
    Maybe, but it doesnt matter to the logic of the sentence, does it. Its a small step for him, and a giant step ( or was it leap?) for ManKind. He said that as he stepped off the last rung onto the moon.

It doesn’t make sense

One small step for Man, one giant leap for mankind basically means one small step for mankind, one giant leap for mankind.

If you think about it, one small step for MAN(when you say MAN it is stating mankind as in humanity, so the sentence contradicted itself)

it should have definitely been one small step for A man, one giant leap for mankind

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1190819/One-small-mistake--The-proof-Neil-Armstrong-got-famous-One-small-step-man-Moon-landing-line-WRONG.html

http://www.unexplainable.net/artman/publish/article_717.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Sugarglass

irish_bob wrote: »
    was most likely already mentioned but i cant be bothered reading every page

that frankenstien was the creator and not the monster

Dr. Frankenstien was the creator. Not once in the book is the creation given a name and no one ever calls him Frankenstein. He is called "monster", "dæmon", "fiend", "wretch" and "it".

Sorry if this is what you meant but your statement is quite ambiguous, I wasn't sure if you were saying that Frankenstein being the name of the monster was a misconception or that is was the creator's name was a misconception.

Advertisement