Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beatles Remastered CDs

Options
  • 15-09-2009 11:46am

I cant find any of the earlier cd remasters in any of the shops,they all seem to stock the same ones,Rubber Soul,Revolver,Sgt. Pepper,Abbey Road and the White Album.I checked out Tesco and Xtravision and an independent cd store here in Sligo!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Probably best to buy online if you can.

You tried The Record Room and Third Wave obviously?

Third Wave yes but never thought about The Record Room.

Zavvi are missed,i wonder if their slot in the shopping centre will ever be filled by a similar store!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

The Record Room will order for you if they don't have them in stock.

Surprised about Third Wave not having them though; that's where I used to buy all my CDs when I lived in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Did you try that new melody maker in Quayside?
    Seemed like a good shop.
    They orderered me in The Shins the other day.
    I wouldn't go NEAR the record room anymore. Kip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Why is it a kip?

A genuine question. I haven't been in there in a few years but I would've always put it one the better music shops in the north west.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

CD-Wow have quite a few of the original mastered versions, aswell as the new re-masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I cant find any of the earlier cd remasters in any of the shops,they all seem to stock the same ones,Rubber Soul,Revolver,Sgt. Pepper,Abbey Road and the White Album.I checked out Tesco and Xtravision and an independent cd store here in Sligo!

They're the best ones, anything prior to Rubber Soul is Merseybeat mediocrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

OP, check Third Wave again!

Was walking by today about 6pm and they had the remastered boxset, the remastered edition of Abbey Road and the remastered edition of White Album all in their display downstairs in the window co-shared with the bookshop.

Yes but i really want the early ones,Please Please Me through to Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

They're the best ones, anything prior to Rubber Soul is Merseybeat mediocrity.

Oh no they are not.
    Yes but i really want the early ones,Please Please Me through to Help!

I friend got the entire box set on line for €150 I think that would be the way to go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement