Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro 2010 Demo

Options
  • 15-09-2009 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Anyone know when this is out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

bennyob wrote: »
    Anyone know when this is out?

Not sure, don't think they have announced it yet. One website seemed to think the start of October

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It came out the day before fifa was released last year, that's October 1st this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

Is there a fifa 2010 demo out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Is there a fifa 2010 demo out yet?

There is indeed. You can download it from the Xbox Game Marketplace or on the PSN. Depending on what console you've got.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The PES2010 demo is out......

TOMORROW :D

http://www.pesfan.com/news/8453452/PES-2010-Demo-to-Hit-September-17th/

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Hopefully it is a build later than the Gamescom build (which was a month old at the time of gamescom)

Konami have a history of screwing stuff up though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

nice one.....roll on tomorrow. i'll be checking psn straight away after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Whoo hoo, now us mere mortals can finally decide for if Fifa or PES is better for ourselves (as OUR personal preference), as opposed to journalists who seem to be writing more and more like complete fanboys recently, telling us to buy one just because they like it and not on the merits of the game itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Gameeeze

Is it out yet has anyone played it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Its not up on the Marketplace yet.

Wasn't there this morning at 8:50 am anyway. Have the xbox on at home and the phone ready to set it to download from the marketplace when it does pop up.

Appreciate it, if someone could post when its up on XBL :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

pes website said its out at 12pm on xbox 360 so 20 mins and 5pm on ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

niallith wrote: »
    pes website said its out at 12pm on xbox 360 so 20 mins and 5pm on ps3

http://www.proevonews.co.uk/

ugh - from what I am reading, Konami have screwed up YET AGAIN.

Code is over a month old (Alonso still at Liverpool) and bugs present in the August build are evident in the demo; defenders not reacting at all to striker runs for example. No shot dummy animation either - so that is broken too. Response times are poorish while people playing the review code (newest code) are saying the response times are massively improved in the latest code, along with a number of other aspects (such as more tricks and better defensive AI)

I really don't understand Konami. they release the demo way earlier than people expect but it is broken and apparently unrepresentative, so why freaking bother. Wait a couple more weeks and release a better version of the code.

Unbelievable.

Don't know if i will bother downloading the demo at this point. I know for a fact that I will be buying the game anway, so I think it may be better to avoid the disappointment of the demo and hope the final code has been changed/improved as people have said it is.

Unbelievable.

It actually is bizzare. The fall from grace is outrageous. PES 6 was amazing ffs!

Having said that, you are going on someone else's opinion, i HAVE to play the game before i make a judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

theres people giving their views of it on pesfan.com and it sounds terrible. mainly bad keepers, lag and rubbish AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

. I know for a fact that I will be buying the game anway,

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Not sounding good but I doubt I'll get a chance to try it before work. Must set it to download now though and have a go for myself. Perhaps my expectations will be low and I'll love it then!

🤪

Has anyone been able to access it on Marketplace on Xbox.com.

I'm trying to queue it up to download, but even though I can find the game in the demos page, when I click on it, the page throws up a link broken page.

playa3 wrote: »
    Why?

Why break the habbit of a lifetime?

I am certain it will be an improvement on PES2009 (And I enjoy PES2009 - perfer it to FIFA09 - enough that an improvement on it will be a game that I enjoy a lot), and I am confident that a number of the issues with the demo will not be present, or not as evident, in the retail version. The code in the demo is a lot older and the people playing the review code say a number of aspects (such as the AI, lag and keepers) have been improved between the code the demo represents and what they have there hands on now.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    PES 6 was amazing ffs!

eh, over the bar take #354 anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Fifa 10 is streets ahead of this I have to say, feels like one of those virtua striker games in arcades :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

From what i have been reading online it seems that it has improved on PES2009.

I really enjoyed PES2009, playing against mates is just great great fun, more so then FIFA in my opinion. So i will be happy with the game as long as it improves on last years version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I am looking forward to giving this a shot later, BUT I am going to make my mind up on which game to get on the basis of the two demos and not the fact that people will be saying that the pes demo was old code however true that proves to be. I have lost all faith in Konami and 2009 was the first version I didnt buy sine International Superstar Soccer on the N64.
    I am not a Fifa fanboy if anything I would be more a PES Fan and would love to be moving back this year to Pro Evo.

Unfortunately, i dont think its anything special.

I played 4 games just there. 1 as each team on Regular, won 3-0 with Liverpool and won 4-0 with 10 man Barca. Then upped it to the hardest difficulty, drew 0-0 as Liverpool and lost 1-2 as Barca.

Its very... Meh.

Its so similar to 2009. And they didnt take out the THUMP noise everytime you touch the ball. Dribbling with Messi sounds like a crappy drum solo.

All i ever wanted was PES 4,5 or 6 with the current graphics. Alas i fear i will never get that.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Fifa 10 is streets ahead of this I have to say, feels like one of those virtua striker games in arcades :D

seems a long winded split in the middle argument, as i agree with thorbarry and the likes. Pro Evo > Fifa still

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Still not available to download yet for the PS3. I like an over excited school kid downloaded last years version. D'oh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

Trilla wrote: »
    seems a long winded split in the middle argument, as i agree with thorbarry and the likes. Pro Evo > Fifa still

Oh you've played it? What's it like??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭beardo81

Plays pretty much the same as 2009 imo, slight difference I cant put my finger on, still hate the ball sounds!! Keepers are dodgy sometimes not too when controlling them yourself. Presentation and music are much better though thankfully! Graphics looking very good too. Fingers crossed the online has improved, still a lot more playable than Fifa in my book.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Well after giving Pes 2010 a few goes. Really disapointed to be honest but here are my first impressions anyways might give it another go later.

They seem to have slowed the pace down slightly again which is a good thing. The graphics are the best yet ive seen in a pes game and imo are far better than fifas. Looks really good. With Pes it does feel like your that player more so than in Fifa.

Little subtle things like the way Torres drags the ball into his stride, the way Riera moves with the ball etc. They just seem to have the individual traits better implemented that in Fifa where it feels more like if your Torres your quick and good finishing who plays just like mario gomez in the game or any fast forward.

However the over all gameplay in pes is shocking I think. Alot of the time it feels the computer does half the stuff for you. You want to give a long pass across the ground from say johnson to Aurelio and he gives a short pass to carragher.

It also feels like your players legs are stuck in mud and they just manage to pull them out in time to give a pass or take a shot. The whole game feels clunky and compared to Fifa it feels awful.

I love in fifa how you can build up some great fluid football but in this it feels like your players need alot of room to turn and I hate how theres a sort of laggy feeling when wanting to pass or shoot.

With Fifa 10 I played loads of friendlies and I always felt I wanted one more go. With this after about 5-6 matches I was like...ughh thats enough.

Old code in the demo or not, it was bloody bad.

EDIT: This is coming from someone who had pretty much every PES/ISS game up til 2009 and Fifa 09 was the first Fifa game I bought since 98.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Liam2590

Its out on PSN now

Advertisement