Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro 2010 Demo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Downloading now...2%

From what I've heard its not that great, but I'll give it a chance. I've been playing FIFA10 for the past few days and it be pretty good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

Just played it and I am thoroughly disappointed. Been a pes only man since the ISS days, and I'm afraid its gonna be FIFA for me this year. Swore I'd never change but this demo is shocking compared to FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Used to be all excited about demos honestly cba now.

The day FIFA is the best football game around and it ****e is a terrible terrible day :(

Its like being the best team in the League of Ireland, doesnt really matter cos your still ****e :D

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, i dont think its anything special.

I played 4 games just there. 1 as each team on Regular, won 3-0 with Liverpool and won 4-0 with 10 man Barca. Then upped it to the hardest difficulty, drew 0-0 as Liverpool and lost 1-2 as Barca.

Its very... Meh.

Its so similar to 2009. And they didnt take out the THUMP noise everytime you touch the ball. Dribbling with Messi sounds like a crappy drum solo.

All i ever wanted was PES 4,5 or 6 with the current graphics. Alas i fear i will never get that.

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Oh you've played it? What's it like??

Played both demos tonight and not impressed by either to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Very disappointed with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BeeSee

download been stuck at 4% for last half hour, says pending, this happen to anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Played a few games there, think the graphics are very good. Gameplay is a bit slower but more realistic. Pes is all about playing other people so its hard to judge so far. Really hope the online is better than previous versions though. Day 1 buy for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Anyone got a good link for the PC demo ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just back from a friends who has been waiting for this demo like a 5-year old waiting for Santa. His heart is broken after playing it. We always have playful banter about which game is best, and he thinks the demos is dreadful.

I hope the final version is better than this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

provided this is old code, i think PES2010 has potential. no doubt PES has qualities, it looks great, much nicer than fifa, the player's animations look and feel great and the shooting is more enjoyable than Fifa.

however passing and tackling/defense, things you will be doing for most of any match now just completely suck in comparsion to Fifa.

Fifa is the lesser of two evils! now if only a developer stole the good work of EA and konami, you would have one amazing footy game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    provided this is old code, i think PES2010 has potential. no doubt PES has qualities, it looks great, much nicer than fifa, the player's animations look and feel great and the shooting is more enjoyable than Fifa.

however passing and tackling/defense, things you will be doing for most of any match now just completely suck in comparsion to Fifa.

Fifa is the lesser of two evils! now if only a developer stole the good work of EA and konami, you would have one amazing footy game.

I heard thats what EA did.

After FIFA 06 and FIFA 07 being pretty horrible, they took a whole load of developers over from Konami. EA came out with FIFA 08 which was a vast improvement, Konami came out with PES2008 which was a disgrace to the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Don't think I'll bother with the demo this year. I wasn't going to buy the game anyway out of principle cause of the money robbing last 2 versions they have produced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

I have been out of the football simulation genre for a good while now but I find myself being drawn back into it as of late.

I downloaded the FIFA10 demo and I was very impressed, graphics were great and atmosphere was good. The controls were satisfying, if not a little exaggerated with what seemed like over excitement from the player. As if general pace of the game was a little faster than what you would expect from watching a live match on TV. Overall, i had decided I would buy it.

However, I downloaded the PES2010 demo just now and started playing. First thing that gripped me was the lack of commentary (which will be resolved in the full game I am sure), but the atmosphere wasn't great either. Felt like a training pitch. The graphics are pretty standard (I think FIFA's are better), but the animation is excellent. Player movement seems very fluid and there is a natural flow between ball and player. This appeals to me greatly as it looks incredibly real.

Unfortunately, I am not attuned to the controls of the game so I checked the command list and, quite simply, was stunned by what appeared to be a messy layout. I simply didn't bother and decided to try and work them out myself. This became tedious over time.

Overall, I am conflicted over which game to purchase. PES2010 seems to have much more realistic and natural fluidity of the beautiful game, but FIFA feels more polished. It has the atmosphere, the style and the charisma. Quite simply, PES seems boring. Football excites me and I want to be excited about playing football on my Xbox, but PES doesn't seem to cut it. I applaud Konami's efforts to simulate natural movement, but I feel frustrated by the controls and a lack of pinache. I will play the FIFA demo again after I finish here to solidify my decision, but I feel it has already been made.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I have heard countless times that "demo code" bull**** and everytime the full game is almost identical. I dont think ill be going with this one. fifa seems like the way to go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Fifa demo is far superior imo,

I used to love pro evo..

WTF happened!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    I have heard countless times that "demo code" bull**** and everytime the full game is almost identical. I dont think ill be going with this one. fifa seems like the way to go again.

nobody puts up horribly flawed demo code unless the full game is horribly flawed, its a surefire way to hurt sales

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Used to be all excited about demos honestly cba now.

The day FIFA is the best football game around and it ****e is a terrible terrible day :(

Its like being the best team in the League of Ireland, doesnt really matter cos your still ****e :D

For one your post reeks of ''Fan Boy'ism'', i'd put a bet if the FIFA 10 demo said PES you'd be praising it for it's gameplay

secondly, there's nothing wrong with the LOI, i'd rather be out on the terrace supporting MY local team then shouting at a TV in the pub supporting the Queens team's, remember your devotion when the WC comes around, when all Irish Premiership supporters cheer against their ''hero's'' cause they play for ''England'' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

secondly, there's nothing wrong with the LOI, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

FYP. Lets not turn this into yet another rubbish thread about LOI vs Premiership, God knows we have enough of those on boards already. Its supposed to be about the Pro Evo 10 demo...

Getting back on topic, I had fears playing this demo after reading all the negative points. I actually don't think its as bad as people make out. The reaction of some players, like Malouda are ridiculously slow. I dread to think what it would be like to control someone from Burnley if Malouda is that slow to turn.

Some of the player ratings are a little crazy. Ibrahimovic 88, Henry 88, Messi 84....Xavi 90 when Iniesta is 80, Abidal 73 when Marquez is 83. Have they retained the Champions League rights? If United aren't fully licensed then I'll be incredibly pissed off. Its not a bad game, but it doesn't have the same degree of 360 control or the same flowing moves....I will probably pick it up when the price drops.

I just played the FIFA demo / PES demo back to back. I have no allegiance to either, but I know which one I prefer again this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭gary nevillevil

Downloaded the demo and when it was finished l was expecting another pes 09'ish game but when i started playing it "wow" it's a complete overhaul of the game in nearly every way and the graphics look amazing.
    First thing i noticed how much different the passing and first touch of players were and it felt much stiffer than previous pes's and i thought oh no hear we go but after playing it for a good few hours it started to grow on me like when average players had not so good first touch on the ball and the top players ie messi had a brilliant first touch (the way real footy should be) and when i scored a goal it felt like an achievement. (i was only playing on top player)
    One thing that i really like is the new card system as when i played with liverpool i had gerrard playing in centre midfield and with a few tweaks of the cards and i had him makING bursting runs into the box looking for the ball.
    Another major thing i noticed was when your messing around with your line up say for example you play gerrard as attatcking midfielder his overall stats are 82 but stick in in centre midfield and they rise to 91, and when you play players completely out of position there stats drop down considerably.
    So overall my view on the demo is i'm really looking forward to the full game and the "old school" pro evo die hards will love this game ;)

PS: and for the record i also liked the fifa 10 demo :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

i am not impressed with konami's performance

games seems sluggish, player responsiveness is poor. now i know this may be closer to side of realism than fifa but i couldnt even get one touch passes off. even a few times i had pressed pass about 3 times and the player just kept running with it and lost possession.

i know we all want realism, but i know i want an enjoyable game to play (not decided by amount of goals scored) and i had more fun playin the fifa demo than i had this. if this is near the code of the full game i think i'll be buyin fifa for the first time since the mega drive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

So overall my view on the demo is i'm really looking forward to the full game and the "old school" pro evo die hards will love this game ;)

Hit the nail on the head there :)
    Alright... I'm not getting into a pro evo VS Fifa argument seems as this thread is titled "Pro 2010 Demo"

I downloaded it last night and played about 4 or 5 games of it against my cousin, and i have to say i am very impressed. Alot of people bash pes2009, but i enjoyed it, best game for playing against mates, master league let it down because they didn't improve/ change it. From what i have been reading, the master league has been given a bit of an overhaul which is good. They have improved the visuals which look great, and the gameplay is very good too, the ball feels "heavy" again. I am not completely used to it, and it will take me a good few days to get to grips with it.

I remember getting pes2, pes3, pes4, and pes5.. and every time i got a new PES there was always a good amount of time you needed to play the game before you got used to it, and when you got used to it, it was great. With pes6, 2008, 2009 that wasn't there, i could easily pick up the game and play great, there was no learning curve, that's not to say i didn't enjoy the games, i still had great fun playing them. That learning curve seems to be back in PES2010. Which i think will make the game alot more enjoyable to play. Some people will still bash it, but whatever, Pro Evo still plays a great game of footy, if you don't like it don't play it and moan about it, simple

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I downloaded it yesterday and played it for a while.

First thing I did was change the default camera angle, as per usual it's pretty poor. After 9 or 10 games I was still enjoying it. Wasn't bad overall. A big improvement over the last two years....which were horrendous. The player animations seems quite good. Reports say that it's old code. Why release old code in your demo? Seems bizarre.

As it stands, I prefer the Fifa demo but this didn't suck which surprised me.

So I played the demo for a good hour last night and wasn't really impressed, especially with Alonso and Arbeloa still being at the pool, but since I'm hearing that this is ''the old code'' I'll let that slide, for now.

The Gameplay seems similar to 09 but slower, the graphics are an improvement and look great.
    I'm liking the music in the game menu so far (Kaiser Chiefs, woo)

All in all it's not a great demo, but I'm still buying the game anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

Trilla wrote: »
    Played both demos tonight and not impressed by either to be honest.

Oh so you came out with the PES > Fifa comment before even playing the demos? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Played both Demos now. I think Fifa just edges it for me. I used to love PES2,3 and 4. However even back in those days there were things that annoyed me about the game.

Licensing issues for a start always annoyted me that you had to play as Man Red or North London Whites. It didn't deter me from the game just annoyed me.

First touch football. Sometimes when you pass the ball to a player and then want the recieving player to play it first time it doesn't happen for a few second, the player takes a first touch and you think oh the button push must not have registerered and then when you decide to do something else bam the player passes it straight to the opposition.

Good points the players animation is excellent. Each player has their own individual characteristics which is great. Messi plays like Messi. Torres like torres etc. In Fifa every player has the same touch and characteristics.

Any way I played the Demo and thought it was good - not great. Will reserve judgement until the full game is out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

In Fifa every player has the same touch and characteristics.

Huh? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Huh? :confused:

Don't worry. It is a blind criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

How big is the PES demo lads when on the PS3's harddrive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Played the demo a couple of times and I have two words: **** Sandwich

I'll try it out a few more times but the FIFA demo is vastly superior in just about everyway (except animations, with that PES10 tops FIFA)

Agricola: Its approx 1GB on your hard drive

Advertisement