Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro 2010 Demo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

wasnt overly impressed with the demo, seems buggy and sluggish. will give it another go when im home from work but not holding out too much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

i first played it on the xbox,i thought the gameplay and come to a crawl and that their first touch was awful...i played a few games and then decided to dl it for the ps3 as well..It seemed much quicker on the ps3 and graphic were a bit worse imo.I then went back to the xbox and it seemed quick enough again..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

All of you guys have frightened me off the new Pro Evo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Fol20 wrote: »
    i first played it on the xbox,i thought the gameplay and come to a crawl and that their first touch was awful...i played a few games and then decided to dl it for the ps3 as well..It seemed much quicker on the ps3 and graphic were a bit worse imo.I then went back to the xbox and it seemed quick enough again..

Played it on both and thought it was pretty much the same imho. I prefer the PS3 controller though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Downloaded the Fifa demo the other day and thought it was terrible. Fifa 09 was much better. It all just felt very unrealistic.

Downloaded Pro evo demo yesterday and at first thought it was terrible, but after a few games it's excellent. Very realistic, which makes the game alot more interesting as you have to understand how your player is going to receive the ball and their passing and control ability. I didn't get that feeling with the Fifa demo.

Had both Fifa and Pro evo last year and couldn't see much difference between the two. Neither of them edged the other, but the Pro evo demo this year is far better than fifa. Better graphics, and gameplay. Though I don't like the ball sound in Pro evo.

That's my 2c.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

Wait, say what you like about the demos but there's no way you can say that 09 was better than 10 when it comes to Fifa :d

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Just played it there now, wow this is terrible imo, so slow, horrible player movement, passing isn't satisfying whatsoever, only thing I will say is the graphics are amazing.

I'm not biased either btw, last year was the first Fifa I bought since 1999, its so sad to see how far Pro Evo has regressed so badly in the last few years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Smegball wrote: »
    Just played it there now, wow this is terrible imo, so slow, horrible player movement, passing isn't satisfying whatsoever, only thing I will say is the graphics are amazing.

I'm not biased either btw, last year was the first Fifa I bought since 1999, its so sad to see how far Pro Evo has regressed so badly in the last few years :(

I agree. It feels clunky. Am I the only one where it feels the players legs seems as if there tied to an elastic band and once you press shoot it takes a second for the band to be taken off and they fling their leg at it?

But the graphics are really good in it. Prefer the camera angle in Pes aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You can create that exact pes camera angle in fifa using the Height and Zoom options. Don't know why you would want to though, its awful.

I always play zoomed out quite a bit from default in both pes and fifa. I like to be able to see most of my players at a glance without relying on radar, as you can't tell a players momemtum on the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

joe123 wrote: »
    Am I the only one where it feels the players legs seems as if there tied to an elastic band and once you press shoot it takes a second for the band to be taken off and they fling their leg at it?
    There is a definite lag before they hit the ball, very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

• Registered Users Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭event

its incredibly eary to score in the demo

took 4 shots from around 30 yards, 3 went in and one hit the post

shocking demo, ill be sticking with fifa this year

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Rockee wrote: »

The graphics look absoltely brilliant, but if the keeper AI is so off, graphics won't mean anything.

The game is beyond terrible. While I was playing it, all I wanted to do was load up Fifa 10 and play that instead. When I finished a game in PES, that was it, I just didn't want any more. It was so bad that I even scored a free kick (I haven't played PES in a long time) and that was straight down the middle yet the keeper decided to dive to the side.

Woeful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Having downloaded the PES demo, my first impressions were very good improvement in many areas.
    • The menu screens finally have some proper music. It was great to get a blast of Kaiser Chiefs and others instead of the generic J-Pop we've had to endure since the series began.
    • The in-game graphics are amazing (for the players and the pitch anyway). The player likeness is stunning in many occasions. Stevie-G, Thierry Henry, Messi and all look very, very realistic.
    • The camera 'focus' effects during replays are excellent and help give a focus to the ball, player or object being followed (players in the foreground, background are a little out of focus). It really looks excellent.
    • The game has been slowed back down from previous years, allowing for a little more thoughtful play.

On the down side:
    • The keepers are pants (Well, playing as Liverpool Reina was fairly crap - so quite lifelike then ... oooh, Controversial :))
    • The defenders part like the Red Sea to let a quick opposition striker through.
    • The game felt a little sluggish in places, like you were suggesting to the players which way to move rather than controlling the play.
    • The in game sound is awful - chants are looped and don't really respond well to the flow of the play... and there's the 'thud' every time you kick the ball.

Overall, I left the PES 2010 demo feeling a little deflated. It had promise from the start, and I can honestly say that the player likeness took my breath away when it loaded first. Playing the game felt like there was something missing - You can't quite put your finger on what it is but there is something.

It's kind of like watching Live footy on ITV sport - it has all the bits that should be great, but it just feels kind of wrong compared to the quality that BBC Sport can put into a live broadcast (without needing to go for all the gimmicks that Sky Sports use).

I would say that this is a huge step in the right direction, but needs refining.

I have played the FIFA demo a bit as well and it just responds a little better for me, the 360 degree dribbling makes the game feel a little more free, the crowd. Although I really hate the player models in FIFA - they look silly compared to the brilliance of the images in PES 2010.

If the two games met and had some sort of a love-child with the best of both, what a great game that would be. :)

Well if the two joined up then we'd have an absolutely terrible game as there wouldn't be any competition in the market.

It's funny that most of your positives are about things like music, way the game looks etc, whereas your negatives mainly focus on the actual gameplay, i.e. the most important aspect of any game.

I also don't think the graphics are far superior in PES fwiw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I enjoyed pes2009... this improves on that, I'm happy :)

It's funny that most of your positives are about things like music, way the game looks etc, whereas your negatives mainly focus on the actual gameplay, i.e. the most important aspect of any game.

Well, yeah, that's obvious - It's pretty much what I was highlighting.

The improved Graphics and presentation promise so much, but the gameplay is lacking something and you're left feeling hollow.

It's not a dreadful experience, the Gameplay is solid enough, but could have been so much better - there's no 'wow' to it, nothing special that makes it a must have.
    (Unless you count the Europa League ... :pac:)

But it is a pretty dreadful experience that makes you not want to go out and buy the game. I've bought loads of series before - ISS up to 2008. Last year was the first time since Fifa 94 that I bought a Fifa game. I hate this blind devotion to one or the other (both sets of fans are to blame). If the FIFA10 demo was actually called the PES10 demo then you'd all be loving it. If it was the opposite way around I'd be saying that Fifa ain't worth buying this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Having bought all the previous PES series and the ISS series I had great hopes for this release. I have now become so frustrated with Konami's lack of improvement since PES 2008. PES has not been good since PES 6, even PES 6had super online play (No Lag, etc)...... This demo is pretty bad.

1. Player movement shocking its supposed to be 360 degree movement, but it's not. The players take an age to change direction and feel clunky.

2. Keepers are terrible even worse that PES 2009

I have pre-ordered the game and paid for it so I'm now in 2 minds what to do about it :(. Why would konami release a demo that is not of the same build as the final game. It has been said on other forums that the demo build is old and these problems will be fixed. I'll believe that when I see it. All we want as PES supporters is good smooth game play, online play fixed, realistic keepers.

I hope I'm proved wrong but can't see it happening........:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,678 ✭✭✭✭briany

I played the demo and to me it sort of seems like PES 2009 with slower gameplay (it seems to get slower every year, doesn't it?) and slightly prettier graphics. It seems to me that Konami only work on the improvements to the series a couple of months before release or something, thats the impression I get because the improvements from game to game have been marginal at best in recent years.

Ok,fair enough if they have lots of other stuff on their plate, but if thats the case I'd love to see them make the game much more moddable by the fans, you know, design custom stadiums, fiddle with ball mechanics, just about everything and anything. I'm not a programmer so there may be a damn good reason why they're not doing it that I'm not aware of but oh god, how good would it be if they did?

I hate this blind devotion to one or the other (both sets of fans are to blame). If the FIFA10 demo was actually called the PES10 demo then you'd all be loving it. If it was the opposite way around I'd be saying that Fifa ain't worth buying this year.

I agree, as there is no need for blind devotion (like in the old Sega / Nintendo days, you backed a camp and never the twain shall meet :)). PES had long been superior to FIFA in the Gameplay stakes and rightly so (I came to the series late - around PES 5 - after years of playing FIFA and was instantly won over, even with playing as Man Red vs Merseyside Blue :pac:).

PES 2008 and 2009 have both disappointed, but many have soldiered on because there were genuinely good moments, and good fun when playing with a few mates that made most of the frustrations worth it. It still wasn't a bad game.

At the same time, having tried FIFA 08 and not liking it at all I played it safe and bought PES 2009. It was alright again - but found myself after a few months buying FIFA 09 and really enjoying it more than PES. It still had it's flaws (like the long pause before a Substitution takes place), but it played a more responsive game and became my Footy game of choice.

Like many of us, that didn't automatically mean that FIFA 10 was going to be the first choice for a fix footy action and were willing to give them all a chance this year.
    If the FIFA10 demo was actually called the PES10 demo then you'd all be loving it.

:) Definitely, but that's just because the FIFA 10 Demo plays football miles better than the PES demo. The could call it Frogger, and it would still be good and I'd be loving it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Nice review in PSM3

Link to the scans...
    http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/pes-2010---fifa-10-comparisons/914616?page=1

They've basically said Pro Evo has made the most improvements... Next gen graphics, better editing abilities, ability for online Champions League Ie. We can set one up for boards users... sounds cool!

All thats left to be tested is the online mode, which Konami have promised not to lag as well as no extra log in for Konami ID!

I for one can not wait for the game to come out! Fifa can suck my b*lls!

Fixed Linky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

flynner13 wrote: »
    Nice review in PSM3

Link to the scans...

http://forums.gametrailers.com/threa.../914616?page=1

They've basically said Pro Evo has made the most improvements... Next gen graphics, better editing abilities, ability for online Champions League Ie. We can set one up for boards users... sounds cool!

All thats left to be tested is the online mode, which Konami have promised not to lag as well as no extra log in for Konami ID!

I for one can not wait for the game to come out! Fifa can suck my b*lls!

link doesnt work

Game doesn't work either.

Game doesn't work either.

have you played the final game??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    have you played the final game??

I don't think that's quite what he meant! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,082 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I really hope this game will live up to its billing this year. Feel the last 2 years have been disappointing really

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I don't think that's quite what he meant! :rolleyes:

well maby you could enlighten me:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Advertisement