Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Castlebar - Accommodation/things to do

• 15-09-2009 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭

Heading to castlebar thurs/fri til sunday for Ardal O'Hanlon. Any suggestions for cheapish accommodation and things to do cause we've never been there before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

heya crazzzzy! Was in college up there so might be able to help you out! Castlebars a small enough town but thursday night will be awfully lively as most of the students are back this week so if your looking for a bit of craic i'd say head down to Cox's after the gig and then onto Mantra afterwards! There would be a few in the Irish House before this (we'll say between 9-11) but I presume the gig will pass that out!

Have fun anyway, should be brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

From Castlebar, wouldn't bother with Cox's or Mantra. Both will be dead on any night of the week. Nothing to do in that town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

Hi hoppie - we only going to see Ardal O'Hanlan fri night and everyone saying its a crap town so probably head to galway sat!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Ya I'm living in Galway now and I'd say you won't have much trouble finding something to do here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Ya, nothing will be going on on the Friday as all students are gone home. Castlebars not bad while the students are around but not worth the time at the weekend! From Galway so gonna give it the 2nd vote :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

Had a great night in Castlebar...we only stayed friday night. Stayed in B&B above the Moka bar. Went to the Irish bar & met some very interesting characters :D.

Advertisement