Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 mobile broadband for internet poker

Options
  • 15-09-2009 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

anyone use it.

does internet poker use much gbs does anyone know

is it reliable or will it go bad in middle of hands

any thoughts welcome

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

You download very little.

I am sure some people have good connection with o2 while others not. Make sure yours is very solid before playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

laoch08 wrote: »
    anyone use it.

does internet poker use much gbs does anyone know

is it reliable or will it go bad in middle of hands

any thoughts welcome

thanks

Totally depends on your location, also the ping/response times may be up to 1000ms .. resulting in very laggy gameplay especially if you multi table.

As far as i know you can get a 30 day trial with them and if its not up to scratch, get refunded the money

But tbh, mobile internet should be your last resort when it comes to online poker

On the data usage i believe O2 provide 10GB a month as standard, you won`t get any near this if you only play poker. But even streaming youtube videos and the odd download will bump this up pretty damn fast

All if all, if your serious about playing online poker go with a wired adsl connection(eircom,bt,etc), cable(UPC/NTL), or a fixed wireless service such as Digiweb Metro

Good luck

Advertisement