Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New suit leaking ink

Options
  • 15-09-2009 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I bought a new Strellson suit over the weekend in a big department store for an interview today.

When I got home and took of the jacket I noticed a blue mark from the jacket around my arm pit where things were a little damp, not soaking.

I threw the shirt in the wash in the hopes of saving it but I'm not sure where I stand with the suit. Is it grounds for a refund ? I presume this shouldn't happen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I wouldn't expect the dye to run in suit fabric (especially high quality). Definitely take it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

i think once you have washed it they will tell you that caused the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

daheff wrote: »

They washed the shirt not the suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

daheff wrote: »

Thats what I thought. I would have had to get it dry cleaned and I knew once this was done then the blame automatically shifts to me.

I returned the suit today but they still wouldn't accept responsibility for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have seen this problem twice both times with a suit or a mac.

Bring the suit back to the shop with a damp handkerchief (or maybe a baby wipe) , wipe the suit lining and show them how the dye transfers.

In the instances I encountered the customers had their damaged clothing replaced and got vouchers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

KTRIC wrote: »
    Thats what I thought. I would have had to get it dry cleaned and I knew once this was done then the blame automatically shifts to me.

I returned the suit today but they still wouldn't accept responsibility for it.

Nonsense, it isn't fit for purpose. If they won't give you any satisfaction, then try contacting Strellson yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Might be worth taking in the stained shirt to them as well if the stain doesn't wash out.

At a guess the shop starts with A? If so I'd expected better from them.

Did you get the job in the end OP?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

A little update and thanks for the replies guys.

I brought the suit back today and got my money back. It was in a large well-to-do store in Munich called "Konen" (like Brown Thomas in Dublin). There was little fuss involved but I got the feeling they were putting the blame on me, which wasn't right.

The shirt that was damaged which I bought at the same time wasn't cheap but it did come up sparkling in the wash, so all is good. Money in my account, interview went well and I should know the results by Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

KTRIC wrote: »
    interview went well and I should know the results by Friday.

Best of luck with it !

Advertisement