Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Mackeys Garden Centre site

Options
  • 15-09-2009 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know what is going on there? it looks like building work is starting, but I can't work out what it is they are building.

originally it was to be 51 apartments (because we sooo need more apartments in the area) with swimming pool gym but then they tried to scrap the gym I believe and shoe horn more properties in there, but this got refused (Thankfully).

I looked on the architect's website but the plans seem to have been removed. Anyone know what is going in there now?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

From what I heard its gonna be apartments,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I live just across the way from it :) The original plans were for mainly apartments and permission was granted. However then I believe they submitted changes involving the number / size of apartments and townhouses, but it was not granted. So I assume it is the original plans that are going ahead now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Is this the garden centre in Dalkey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Yeah, next to castle park school
    It closed last year I think and they have been argueing over what to build there

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I live in Dalkey and I didn't know that it had closed :o

There are far too many apartment blocks springing up around the area, it really is making the place a lot less appealing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement