Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI using 8800gtx

• 15-09-2009 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

was just curious, im looking to connect my 2nd pc up to a hdtv. i have a DVI to HDMI dongle but im just curious about sound coming threw my 8800gtx. is there any other cables or anything else i need to get this to work 100%.

system

e6600 (stock)
    2gb ddr2
    xfx 8800gtx
    audigy 2 zs.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

sound via HDMI isnt supported by nvidia desktop cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭tazire

it is with the 285gtx but there is a little cable required... was jsut curious if there was a way with the 8800gtx

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭neosmaster

8800GTX doesn't have the option to pass through SPDIF audio.
    You'll need to take the audio out of your PC from your soundcard via 3.5mm jack to 2 channel into your LCD/Plasma.
    Not many tv's have an optical " IN " so unless you have an Amp your stuck with Stereo sound I'd say

sound via HDMI isnt supported by nvidia desktop cards

The cards don't have their own audio hardware like the ATIs do but they usually have a SPDIF header on the card which can take be linked via a cable to an internal SPDIF header on the motherboard (if the motherboard has such a header). Pretty much any GeForce 9+ card has one and my PNY 8800GT also has one. Not too sure about the 8800GTX but I'd guess not.

Advertisement