If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for Humax Foxsat HDR PVR 320GB

• 15-09-2009 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi John Mc,
    Can you quote me for the supply and delivery to Galway of a Humax Foxsat HDR PVR 320GB? Want to hook it up to my nice new 42PFL8404:cool: to it!

Many Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

It usually costs this, unless on a VIP special, with delivery charge of £11.99 from what I've seen from others asking.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,310 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi RGMR2.

As already posted by eddiem74 who is spot on with the pricing (You would think he worked for us):D

Just to confirm.

The Humax PVR FoxSat 320Gb is priced at £249.95 with £11.99 shipping.

As you have just purchased the 42PFL8404 from the guys at the Philips Shop I will offer free delivery on the Humax Box.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 RGMR2

Thanks Kenny, What's that in Euro?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,310 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

The Humax has just dropped by an extra fiver (Sterling)

Its now only £244.95 / 289.99 Euro with 13 Euro Shipping (Free Shipping to the Philips Shop).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Hi there, bought a Sony Bravia 40" from RS last year, looking at the Humax also, how much would this guy be delivered to the mindlands i.e. returning customer any chance of taking the P+P down (everything counts in these times!)

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

slave1 wrote: »
    Hi there, bought a Sony Bravia 40" from RS last year, looking at the Humax also, how much would this guy be delivered to the mindlands i.e. returning customer any chance of taking the P+P down (everything counts in these times!)

Slave,

thanks for the post & apologies for the delay in getting back to you - there is very little I can do on the Humax price - it's really tight but I'll do 1/2 price shipping for you at just £5.99 - drop me a line if you are interested and I'll get one of the guys to look after you,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Another reliable purchase from Richer Sounds, ordered Friday and delivered Monday to the sticks.
    One query outstanding though on warranty, currently there are two year deals from John Lewis can I have a PM on the warranty for my purchase (forgot to discuss when ordering)
    Tks

Slave,

Thanks for the business and the post - much appreciated!

We don't match the John Lewis warranty on this product as they don't deliver to the ROI - therefore their price is not directly comparable to ours - however we do offer a full 5 year supercare on the Humax for just £24.99! (the John Lewis 3 year warranty is £45)

Thanks again and please do drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Kiniska

The Humax has just dropped by an extra fiver (Sterling)

Its now only £244.95 / 289.99 Euro with 13 Euro Shipping (Free Shipping to the Philips Shop).

Hi John,

I'm also looking to get a Humax Foxsat HDR PVR and also in Galway. What's with the Free Shipping to the Philips Shop?

Also, I heard there is to soon be a new Humax Foxsat with a bigger HD, any news on that?

Kiniska wrote: »
    Hi John,

I'm also looking to get a Humax Foxsat HDR PVR and also in Galway. What's with the Free Shipping to the Philips Shop?

Also, I heard there is to soon be a new Humax Foxsat with a bigger HD, any news on that?

Kiniska,

Thanks for the post - unfortunately we have no incoming date or information at the moment on a new Humax - however we do deliver some items free of charge to our Cousins in The Philips Shop in Dublin for Boardies to collect there - delivery to Galway would be €9.99.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you,

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

we do offer a full 5 year supercare on the Humax for just £24.99! (the John Lewis 3 year warranty is £45

okay, had a read through this on your website....
    I pay you £24.99 and you essentially provide the exact same cover as per the first year statutory guarantee WRT replacing parts and labour FOC, P&P to be covered by me.
    I can pay this £24.99 anytime up to a year after purchase.
    I end up never using the service I get the £24.99 back

Can you please confirm this reading is correct.
    Also, when you say 5 years is that from the day of purchase or when I pay, obviously the first year has no cost associated as it's covered under my statutory guarantee so there's no point in me paying until say, 364 days after the initial purchase and enjoying further after-care

TIA

okay, had a read through this on your website....
    I pay you £24.99 and you essentially provide the exact same cover as per the first year statutory guarantee WRT replacing parts and labour FOC, P&P to be covered by me.
    I can pay this £24.99 anytime up to a year after purchase.
    I end up never using the service I get the £24.99 back

Can you please confirm this reading is correct.
    Also, when you say 5 years is that from the day of purchase or when I pay, obviously the first year has no cost associated as it's covered under my statutory guarantee so there's no point in me paying until say, 364 days after the initial purchase and enjoying further after-care

TIA

Slave,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The 5 year supercare is valid from date of purchase of the original product and it can be taken out any time up to 12 months after the original date of purchase.

If the supercare is not used and you apply to have it refunded anytime in the month after it expires - we will happily refund it in full, no problem.

Thanks again and please do drop me a line if I can assist in any way and please note these terms are different to our TV panel protection.

ATB,

John Mc

okay then, expect to hear from me in just under a years time

I have a separate request that does not warrant a thread on it's own.

I need a pair of bookshelf 8 Ohms speakers for a back room and have homed in on your JBL Control 1, would have been great if I knew I needed them when I got my Humax but such is life.

How much including delivery to the midlands?
    And, do you have anything 8 Ohms, mag shielded in a clearance item that I may consider around the same price (preferably cheaper as these speakers will only get occasional use, I have my Mission 733's -Holborn branch purchase!! -for main listening pleasure)

Tks in advance
    S1

Hi, anyone from RS can reply, I don't mind a PM either, tks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

Another reliable purchase from Richer Sounds, ordered Friday and delivered Monday to the sticks.
    One query outstanding though on warranty, currently there are two year deals from John Lewis can I have a PM on the warranty for my purchase (forgot to discuss when ordering)
    Tks

OMG thats fast, I'm still waiting on mine ordered on the 30th September :(

okay then, expect to hear from me in just under a years time

I have a separate request that does not warrant a thread on it's own.

I need a pair of bookshelf 8 Ohms speakers for a back room and have homed in on your JBL Control 1, would have been great if I knew I needed them when I got my Humax but such is life.

How much including delivery to the midlands?
    And, do you have anything 8 Ohms, mag shielded in a clearance item that I may consider around the same price (preferably cheaper as these speakers will only get occasional use, I have my Mission 733's -Holborn branch purchase!! -for main listening pleasure)

Tks in advance
    S1

S1,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you - yep the JBL Control One are a great speaker for the money - we can do them at £59.95 + 1/2 price shipping at just £5.99.

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

FinoBlad wrote: »
    OMG thats fast, I'm still waiting on mine ordered on the 30th September :(

Fino,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you - was the Humax ordered from us - I don't have a record of an order on the 30th?? Keep me posted or drop me a email to sales@richersounds.ie and I'll get it sorted for you,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

John,
    I bought a Z81 from you last Dec and want to get the foxsat HDR for my other tv (got hooked on the epg!) so can you do me a good price on the postage please to Cork.
    P.S. Is it a one year or two year warranty?

With supercare package, who pays for carriage back to ye and then back to me?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.