Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Size of Condoms

• 15-09-2009 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have been using condoms eg Durex and Trojan. They all are too small and no where near comfortable. Can I get bigger sizes in Durex?? Or can anyone recommend any Durex Condom model because Im sick of it now at this stage. They are too small making me spread the tip and then try and pull it which is incredible uncomfortable, ever before even getting it on the tip.

From previous experience this has weakened the condom resulting in spliting. Sex isn't pleasureable this way.:(So anyone any ideas?:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Hmmm i dont recall ever seeing a selection of different sized ones in ireland, unless i havent been looking right. You could always try and order some online prehaps? I have seen shops in foreign lands (France, Amsterdam etc) where they have specific sizes and shapes for the different male types. It will probably be cheaper to buy online too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I've had the same trouble in the past. Haven't used a condom in ages though (married). Pretty sure sex shops will sort you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭madmac187

Khannie wrote: »
    I've had the same trouble in the past. Haven't used a condom in ages though (married). Pretty sure sex shops will sort you out.

Thats true never thought of something like that moving to Belfast now so might be easier to get them mybe

irish_goat wrote: »

Don't want to really buy online because I have had bad experiences so not putting fate in the lap of the gods buying condoms on the net and then catching something or becoming a daddy either.

But thanks man good idea. Might have to be done yet either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

If you're going to Belfast you should be able to get the Durex Comfort XL ones in Tesco. The UK stores have started stocking larger sizes recently.

shellyboo wrote: »
    If you're going to Belfast you should be able to get the Durex Comfort XL ones in Tesco. The UK stores have started stocking larger sizes recently.

Legend man never thought of them actually :)

I checked the Asda and Tesco website. Asda has normal ones Tescos don't have any on the site

You said you didn't want to buy online? If you're buying online you're better using a proper condom site.

Anyway, it was all over the papers a couple of weeks ago that Tesco (just Tesco) are stocking the larger size ones now.

You said you didn't want to buy online? If you're buying online you're better using a proper condom site.

Anyway, it was all over the papers a couple of weeks ago that Tesco (just Tesco) are stocking the larger size ones now.

Did that include Tescos down here????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

madmac187 wrote: »
    Don't want to really buy online because I have had bad experiences so not putting fate in the lap of the gods buying condoms on the net and then catching something or becoming a daddy either.

But thanks man good idea. Might have to be done yet either.

I've bought online a few times and had no bother at all (and saved a fortune). Plus funny enough, I bought about 24 from one company and they sent me a little satchet of lube along with them. 1 satchet for 24 rides! :pac:

Boots usually have a good selection too.

Superdrug does a king size in Passante.
    There is a superdrug in the square in Tallaght.

madmac187 wrote: »
    Did that include Tescos down here????

No, like I said above, the UK stores.

No, like I said above, the UK stores.

No problemo man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Use other contraception if you're in a relationship.

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Use other contraception if you're in a relationship.

I aint asking her to do that things are'nt great at the momen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

You can DEFINITELY get Durex XL in the Republic! They are in Tesco, saw 'em in the one on Parnell Street, behind the counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Novella wrote: »
    You can DEFINITELY get Durex XL in the republic! They are in Tesco, saw 'em in the one on Parnell Street, behind the counter.

And in Tallaght.

You can DEFINITELY get Durex XL in the republic! They are in Tesco, saw 'em in the one on Parnell Street, behind the counter.

Excellent! I only saw it in the UK media so I figured it was just the UK stores.

Excellent! I only saw it in the UK media so I figured it was just the UK stores.

Yeah, I didn't realise either 'til I was buying Peach Schnapps which was behind the counter also and there they were! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭c0mpliant

I'll have to try these out myself sometime. Does anyone know if they're bigger in girth or in length or both?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Tesco are indeed stocking the XL sizes back in Eire.
    Does anyone know if they're bigger in girth or in length or both?

Both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

You can DEFINITELY get Durex XL in the Republic! They are in Tesco, saw 'em in the one on Parnell Street, behind the counter.

Out of interest, does anyone have any idea why they're stocking them behind the counter?

Surely that would make them more daunting to buy, than the 'normal' ones, stocked on the shelves?

Maybe it's not a regular Tesco store. The alcohol is also behind the counter. A convenience Tesco?

Out of interest, does anyone have any idea why they're stocking them behind the counter?

Surely that would make them more daunting to buy, than the 'normal' ones, stocked on the shelves?

I used to live around here, and unless things have changed.
    I imagine they are keeping the condoms behind the counter, to keep the local kids from nicking them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

Jeeez OP, way to make a guy feel inadequate.

And there was me with my packet of water balloons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

some of the different styles of condoms are different in shape and size. e.g durex featherlite are smaller than the ribbed ones etc.

helpful link - http://secure.condomania.com/condomwizard.asp?dept=172

Will wrote: »

:eek: It's about condoms? I told my ma to try condo mania when she was looking for accomodation in Florida :eek: ;)

Condoms and razorblades are two of the most nicked items from supermarkets. That's why they keep them behind the counter or in those plastic boxes.

• Advertisement

They have other kinds of condoms out on the shelves in that Tesco though! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭c0mpliant

Condoms and razorblades are two of the most nicked items from supermarkets. That's why they keep them behind the counter or in those plastic boxes.

I've heard that before to. I asked a manager once in Dunnes (my manager) and he told me the same. Not sure whether he's simply passing on the myth like everyone else or if thats the reason...

They have other kinds of condoms out on the shelves in that Tesco though! :confused:

That's so odd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

It's so that everyone can point and laugh at you and make you blush when you walk up and say "a packet of condoms please". It also deters promiscuity. Otherwise all the good catholics would be getting their hands on johnnies far too easily and the church canny be havin that!

(the above is likely to be very untrue)

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    It's so that everyone can point and laugh at you and make you blush when you walk up and say "a packet of condoms please". It also deters promiscuity. Otherwise all the good catholics would be getting their hands on johnnies far too easily and the church canny be havin that!

But isn't it just Durex behind the counter? Are other brands on the shelves?

So, they're nicking condoms to get laid and stealing razorblades when their attempts fail! :pac:

I'd be pretty embarrassed buying condoms from behind the counter or bringing ones in plastic boxes up to the counter, to be honest. Not sure why, I guess it's just the fact that there's slightly more extra attention drawn to you buying them, in those ways!

• Advertisement

So, they're nicking condoms to get laid and stealing razorblades when their attempts fail! :pac:

I'd be pretty embarrassed buying condoms from behind the counter or bringing ones in plastic boxes up to the counter, to be honest. Not sure why, I guess it's just the fact that there's slightly more extra attention drawn to you buying them, in those ways!

Ugh, I'd hate to have to walk up to the till in Tesco and be like, "Hey, can I get a box of the extra large condoms, please?!". :o PUT THEM WITH ALL THE OTHERS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

Ugh, I'd hate to have to walk up to the till in Tesco and be like, "Hey, can I get a box of the extra large condoms, please?!"

It's about bragging rights! it's a guy thing - no use having a big langer unless you can tell everyone.

Anyway, maybe it's jealousy :rolleyes: but how come you need different sizes when my son can pull a standard condom over his head and inflate it with his nose ?? :confused:

Unless you have a bizarre mushroom headed mickey, I can't see the problem...

Ugh, I'd hate to have to walk up to the till in Tesco and be like, "Hey, can I get a box of the extra large condoms, please?!". :o PUT THEM WITH ALL THE OTHERS!!!

I'd be delighted! It would be like walking around with a sign saying "my boyfriend has a giant penis". Very satisfying.
    milod wrote: »
    Anyway, maybe it's jealousy :rolleyes: but how come you need different sizes when my son can pull a standard condom over his head and inflate it with his nose ?? :confused:

You must be so proud :P:pac::D

I think it's to do with the fact that a penis is a lot more sensitive and squishy and delicate than someone's head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

You must be so proud :P:pac::D

I think it's to do with the fact that a penis is a lot more sensitive and squishy and delicate than someone's head.

Very proud, that and lighting his farts appear to be his only talents thus far...

As for a sensitive and squishy penis? sounds like the wrong time to put on a condom. I may only require the standard issue, but wild dogs wouldn't put teethmarks in my lad :pac:

As for a sensitive and squishy penis? sounds like the wrong time to put on a condom. I may only require the standard issue, but wild dogs wouldn't put teethmarks in my lad :pac:

I don't have a penis and I'm still cringing at that mental image.

• Advertisement

I'd be delighted! It would be like walking around with a sign saying "my boyfriend has a giant penis". Very satisfying. .

I thought that same thing in my head! ... but was too scared to post it!
    :pac:

I thought that same thing in my head! ... but was too scared to post it!
    :pac:

Luckily for you, I have no shame :P

but wild dogs wouldn't put teethmarks in my lad :pac:

:eek:

Advertisement