Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persistent Weed Killer / Suppressant

Options
  • 15-09-2009 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,

I have a number of areas of gravel and patio that I need to clear of weeds. I have, in the past used round up etc but I think these are "Systemic" in that they are drawn into the plant to kill the root system etc. New weeds just grow in their place. Can anyone suggest a good, strong weed killer that I can spray on that will kill existing weeds and that will prevent any new weeds growing for a season / year at least.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Hytrol or Pathclear are designed to give longer results..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ImMadAsHell

Thanks bbam, I tried Hytrol earlier in the year, went to a local agri store, the guy said it should last for a season but I suppose given all the wonderful "Summer" weather we've had again this year im not surprised the effect has been reduced.

I live out in a rural area and i notice that houses in the area have treated weeds also but the effect seems to be total, everything in the treated area dead, no regrowth, Im trying to find out if there is stronger, possibly agriculture / commercial scale weed killer. It is to treat a large driveway and area out on the main road so no valuable plants, pets, vegetables to worry about.

Advertisement