Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to copy all data to new memory card from old

• 15-09-2009 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

I got a 8gb memory card for my Nokia but am having problems copying all the data from my old 2gb card over. I put the 2 microSD cards in usb adapters and tried to copy the data but not all my installed applications were copied over. One folder in the root called "cities" wouldnt copy at all and there seemed to be 3 "Private" folders (1 hidden)
    Anyone know how to successfully copy all the data across? Its not asking for any password

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 wmMagner

it doesn't work that way.if you were coping games over you would copy the install file then install it on the phone.you might run into some problems with apps not responding.(just reinstall them) don't worry about the cities folder you can always install more maps from the map downloader.the private folder has all the apps that were installed on the memory card.(very important folder)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 wmMagner

what phone have u got?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Best thing to do is to copy all your photos, videos, documents and all those kinda things to your PC and then put them on the new MC. As for your applications and games, pop the new memory card in the phone and reinstall them. Some apps work when transferred from one MC to another but others aren't so kind.

Advertisement