Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2

Options
  • 15-09-2009 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

This is out today in the US. Anyone thinking of getting it? I'm waiting for reviews.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Didn't really care much for this at the start of the year but of late I have been more and more interested in it. I only played the first one for an evening or two and I did like it. Like yourself I'll see what the reviews say...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

IGN review giving it 7.7/10. Largest downsides were the over similarity to M:UA1, the patchy presentation (cutscenes and some character voices) and a few long load times.

I will probably still pick it up, looks like a fun button masher and multiplayer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I kind of expected a score like that. I'm going to pick it up anyway. I was a little disappointed to find there's no PC version, though. And Blade, Cyclops, Sentry, She-Hulk and Psylock aren't available on the PS3 or 360 versions and you only get Juggernaut if you pre-order. That actually really pisses me off. I mean, for fecks sake, do they honestly expect people to buy this on NDS, PS3 and Wii just so they can play with all the characters? Jerks!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Loved the first one, so am really looking forward to this one, especially as a lot of the Civil War storyline will be used in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Thats a load of <crap> not having those characters available on the PS3 & 360. Especially Cyclopes, thats like not having Ryu selectable in Street Fighter. No doubt they will be available as DLC later, but with a price attached.

I'm particularly disappointed that you can't play as the Sentry on the 360, I always wanted to know what it was like to control the power of "one million exploding suns."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Thats a load of <crap> not having those characters available on the PS3 & 360. Especially Cyclopes, thats like not having Ryu selectable in Street Fighter. No doubt they will be available as DLC later, but with a price attached.

Thats the general thought going round. I dont see it as being a complete money spin, there are still 24 characters to play as, its not like ya get only 6 characters in the main game and have to pay for more....plus Juggs is playable if another player has him available (though no luck in single play).

Just hope there is a good enough amount of hidden/unlockable stuff to find, the game can get repetitive quickly if your just level grinding.

Advertisement