Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf comfortline- how to import it to england?

Options
  • 15-09-2009 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

Hey lads im just wondering is the VW Golf comfortline an Irish thing or is it called by another name in the UK?

Another note. Getting a car registered in the UK is a balls. I can't register it without valid insurance and i can't get valid insurance without it being registered. Its a serious catch 22. Insurance runs out in 3 days and tax is up at the end of the month. Anyone know how to solve this problem aswell?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Comfortline is an Irish trim level. The closest version in the UK is the SE.

More info here on importing a vehicle to the UK:
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/ImportingAndExportingAVehicle/DG_4022583

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Do you need to import a vehicle to the UK legally ? I mean they have no VRT type scam so can you not just drive the car on european plates/insurance/tax ?
    I suppose it depends how long the car will be in the UK as to whether you want to register it there or not. If it was less than a year then I think you could keep it on irish plates but you'd need to check the insurance aspect of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Do you need to import a vehicle to the UK legally ? I mean they have no VRT type scam so can you not just drive the car on european plates/insurance/tax ?

I can't get insured by an Irish insurance company to drive in the UK. I can't get insured by an English company without being registered over here. And i cant get registered without insurance! Its a joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

As I see it you need to renew your Irish insurance with your Irish address, this covers your for 30 days EU cover, in this time reregister your car with the DVLA and notify your insurance company of temporary plate change and then cancel policy and get policy on UK plate from UK insurer using your new UK address.

Advertisement