Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardy f*ckin Bucks like...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

Saw a poster today, 1 o clock in Astra Hall on Friday. Seriously doubt you'd need tickets though LawSoc are running it so you might need one of their card things you get in the freshers tent. It's gonna be as mad as a bag of spiders;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Frank_Gallagher

1pm. That's a bit early. I hope Francis Higgins makes an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Fucking brilliant so it is! I hope RTÉ don't make a fuck of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Holy ****e. Just watched the link provided, hilarious. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

"Yer auld one has worms", you just don't get slags like that in Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

The best one yet! Absolutley hilarious. Laughs guranteed.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I'll defo try and make it in for Friday, should be a great laugh!

Have only seen the original clip that was up on youtube with the crazy fairy girl in the library, plenty of stuff to distract me from study now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

The bucks are in town hey!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Defo worth the €2 to see the boys but I wasn't overwhelmed. They were obviously winging it. I'm not going but I'd be interested to see what their 'set' consists of on Saturday at the Academy.

Microphones would have helped too.

Yeah, pretty difficult to hear them at a few points, and I was sitting relatively close, about 1/3 into the audience.

Line of the event for me:

"If you can't lift her, don't shift her"

• Advertisement

ahhh it was good craic, but wasn't as mad as I thought it'd be: thought they would've planned more and thought it would be longer as well.

"That lad's on hash!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

First time seeing them at all, never watched the stuff.

Was it just me or did they just say some fairly mediocre line and then add a somewhat related word with extra emphasis to get the laughs?

Well, pretty much everything was a reference to the episodes, so if you're not familiar with the material...

Sure, it was a little lazy in that regard. But it was what it was: fan service. You can't really complain for 2 euro (plus all the other Lawsoc junk you got)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Ah sure I guess if it was related to the show thats fine. I enjoyed it anyway and don't doubt they are funny on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

I thought they were pretty good, they mightn't have been fully prepared, but I suppose that goes with the nature of their characters in the show. Nearly every question was in relation to a certain character/event in the show and they did quite well in improvising circumstances for them. Overall, I have to say that I really enjoyed it:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Guys just a couple of questions about this gig;

1) how many people were in attendence?
    2) Was the entry €2?
    3) Can anyone from Law Soc confirm how much the Bucks were paid?
    4) How long was their set?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

1. Astra Hall was full. They had to turn people away i think.

2. That 2euro was the membership fee for lawsoc. If you were already a member you strolled right in.

3. No idea

4. It wasnt really a set. They just answered questions for about an hour or so. No prepared material other than their readiness to insult the audience!

Kid V wrote: »

4. It wasnt really a set. They just answered questions for about an hour or so. No prepared material other than their readiness to insult the audience!

It wasnt really an hour though was it? I thought it only went on for 20 mins or so.

Thanks for the replies!

How many people does Astra hall hold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Thanks for the replies!

How many people does Astra hall hold?

Jesus... A cursory google will tell you its full (undivided), split (divided), theatre (undivided with two rows from the front missing) or alternate seating and standing capacities. Hacks in my day at least hit wikipedia before the forums :D

• Advertisement

jimi_t wrote: »
    Jesus... A cursory google will tell you its full (undivided), split (divided), theatre (undivided with two rows from the front missing) or alternate seating and standing capacities. Hacks in my day at least hit wikipedia before the forums :D

Go f*ck yourself.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Go f*ck yourself.:)

now, now.

/wags finger.

Advertisement