Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skate 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Kinda annoyed, loved No2 and all only now I can see this going the way of Tony Hawks...

At least theres gonna be a new city...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I enjoyed the first two, but I really hope it doesn't start to become an annual thing. Over saturation ruined the Tony Hawk series for me. Tomb Raider too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

New trailer.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/06/team-up-and-watch-this-new-skate-3-trailer/

Really don't know what to make of the team play element.

Just read the ign hands-on and it actually sounds really good.

http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/104/1041914p1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Played and enjoyed 1 (although hit a brick wall once I had to move into higher scores / tricks :S - just can't get the recognition down on the Right Stick). Didn't play 2.

3 looks nice although bit nervous as to whether it's film render...Not sure about the team element - would like if you had the option of being a lone wolf or taking part in the full team event (or the best of both worlds if that's your cup of tea). Of course want the friends cheering from the sidelines but that happens for individual skaters too.

Do want extra features within the video and park editor - could be nice touches.

Hopefully it isn't churned out issue after issue but 3 does look promising...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Demo up online now. So gonna get this on day one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Doesn't seem to be any gameplay changes in the demo, not buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ShaneU wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be any gameplay changes in the demo, not buying.

No and the demo is very limited, I did like the character animation showing the damage after a bad bail :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I love the idea of Skate, the physics, graphics size of the map but it is just missing a good mission/objective structure.

Can anyone help me with the Hall of Meat level on top of the bell tower?
    It says to land in the different bins but i can only get the middle/closest one. How the hell do you throw yourself all the way to the end????

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I love the idea of Skate, the physics, graphics size of the map but it is just missing a good mission/objective structure.

Can anyone help me with the Hall of Meat level on top of the bell tower?
    It says to land in the different bins but i can only get the middle/closest one. How the hell do you throw yourself all the way to the end????

Go spread eagle by holding down on the right trigger and aiming with left. Still cant get the vending machine though

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Loving the demo so far. The main area is a little sparse, too many long ledges and banks for my liking, but it does let you have a lot of fun with the object dropper. Some sweet spots outside the demo area though, such as the huge stairset at Peterson Pavilion (sp?) and the shark outside the stadium.

• Advertisement
Advertisement