Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ultimate grudge match.

• 15-09-2009 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭

Team shoryuken.com vs Team gamefaqs.com

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=207795

Fairly certain they're going to try record all the matches. Will be funny to see if the SRK people can back up all their trash talk.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Don't recognise any names on the faqs team, so I'd give it to SRK just based on seeing JBA and Mr SNK vs what's to me a team of unknowns. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Meh, I thought jazzy was finally going to turn up for an ass kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

gamefaqs???

yeah i'd say srk will win this by knockout,
    never heard of anybody on the gamefaqs team, pretty sure i played cannon spook on live though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I won my SRK spot but they never got back to me :( I think they need an FADC Ultra master on thier team lol :)

Lol only name i notice on FAQS is Awakening16, he's a decent blanka, but i've never played him on SF4 yet, but he was on my FList a while back, we used to run Phantasy Star Universe.

Lol imagine Team SRK.

Jwong, Valle, MRSRK, HNana, Yipes, Jinrai, Kirby & Blazeu.

8 Different Characters, To DESTROY FAQS lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Our Kirby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

srk is got filled with knobs once sf4 trailer was initially released

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Xinkai wrote: »

Lol only name i notice on FAQS is Awakening16, he's a decent blanka,

And an impressive Balrog by the looks of it. The videos on youtube of him playing are quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Xinkai wrote: »
    I won my SRK spot but they never got back to me :( I think they need an FADC Ultra master on thier team lol :)

Lol only name i notice on FAQS is Awakening16, he's a decent blanka, but i've never played him on SF4 yet, but he was on my FList a while back, we used to run Phantasy Star Universe.

Lol imagine Team SRK.

Jwong, Valle, MRSRK, HNana, Yipes, Jinrai, Kirby & Blazeu.

8 Different Characters, To DESTROY FAQS lol.

Most of those srk heads go to tourneys like evo. I'd get destroyed :p These guys play every day in their local arcades. There is no substitute for that.

Still, I think most of the talking heads hype themselves up. I wouldn't write the gamefaqs team out completely. Underdogs, perhaps. Gonna be fun to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Looking at the SRK team they have some nice talent there Dentron, Juicebox and SRK. I dont really know GameFAQs so I can't really say how good they are. Based on that assumption...SRKFTW! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This is happening tonight. Vids should be up soon of any matches that are recorded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Is the Boss Mike Ross on the SRK team? If not, bah!

I believe he is.

Think they have three Honda players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Win.Win.Win.

The big man is good.

Have to learn how to piano into hands.

I believe he is.

Well then SRK win. Although hope I don't get confused between MrSNK and Ross :p

Oh and Juice seems to be on SRK team as well? Good night GameFAQS, too bad Gozhard isn't on their team.

So after some controversy regarding subs, team SRK won 8-7.

Juicebox Abel got a double perfect in the last match.

The only video posted so far is this one of Mike Ross v Liquidgraffiti

His Gamertag is actually Vermilli0n with a zero and not Vermillion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

8-7? I told ya. And there were people thinking a white-wash was on the cards. :rolleyes: I knew it would be tight as hell.

8-7 with a forfeit on the GameFAQs side because one of their players no showed.

Sagat!? Mike Ross, you disappoint me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Arctic Zombie

I was really hoping to see some Honda play too. I've never been to the SF4 pages on GameFAQs but they did pretty well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

Well then SRK win. Although hope I don't get confused between MrSNK and Ross :p

Oh and Juice seems to be on SRK team as well? Good night GameFAQS, too bad Gozhard isn't on their team.

gozhard wasn't all that great, he used to be a regular on the PS3 board, then he got too big for his boots and left for SRK, i use to play him all the time, and bush80 definitely has a better blanka than him...

i'm a regular on the PS3 gamefaqs board (FenderMaster) and we're thinking of challenging SRK too

btw if anyone wants to play a sick C Viper player, Nantomaster (psn otsogi-matsuri) is definitely worth challenging, he's a UK player, so connections should be good

Yeah Gozhard was up his ass. He went to a tournie with decent players in SoCal and he went home last, didn't show his face round SRK after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

He must have gave up after that cos he disappeared off srk and I havent seen him on psn either. Must have been a seriously bad beat down :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

he seems to have resurfaced under a new username, but afaik he hasn't been very active.

He used to be one of the best players, but I think everyone has probably surpassed him now...

just goes to show, it's only a bit of fun, if you're obsessed with being the best, your'e only setting yourself up for a fall

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=943711&topic=51536225

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Aye theres always going be someone out there better than ya and ya just look like an idiot calling yourself number 1 like he does in that thread. He has his little fan club though it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Any more of the vids from this turning up yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Played Mista Klutch from GameFAQs last night in a G1 final.
    Sent a few messages last night, turns out he's fairly sound.

Replay is up on Live! for those who can see. (Mista Klutch vs I Am the Wal)

Ry wrote: »
    Any more of the vids from this turning up yet?

Only one person recorded his match and he lost.

Advertisement