Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread on cycling forum

Options
  • 15-09-2009 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055682288

Hi,

This thread was started this morning after the sad news broke that cyclist has been killed in a tragic accident on the Dublin Quays.

After a while it became apparent the some posters were happy to speculate about the cause of the death (with one even asserting incorrectly that the cyclist has been on one of the new Rent-a-bikes).

As the thread has progressed it has turned into a slanging match between motorist and cyclists.

I reported a post at around 11am this morning saying that I wasn't happy where the thread was going. Nothing has been done to date. I understand Mods can't be here 24/7 but perhaps an other mod/admin could have a look at this?

Today’s events are very sad for the friend and family of all concerned. The thread should reflect that (as it has done on the Darren Sutherland thread).

There is plenty of time for a debate on road safely. It does not belong in this thread, imo. This has also been stated by others on the thread.

Regards,

Euro.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Mod has had a look at it on post 268

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

The warning should have came a lot sooner. Its should not take 265 posts before a mod steps in. I reported that post 8 hours before the warning and started this thread 5 hours before hand.

In that time I notice one cycling moderater was online and had posted on another thread. Poor show, imo.

Advertisement