Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)

• 15-09-2009 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone knew where to get some MSG online. I've been looking for it for ages, been between 3 towns / cities looking for asian food markets, but haven't found any. I've found one website that would cost $40 to ship to Ireland, on top of the cost of the MSG itself.

Any help would be great, cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mitabrev

i think if you go on asian store they call it chinese salt...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

On asian store? Do you mean a website called asian store or a physical shop? I've looked in all the shops near me, asking for all of it's names. Nothing to be found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

If you have any friends in Dublin they could pick some up for you at the asian maket at the back of the Jervis shopping centre and post it up to you. Might be called the Oriental Emporium.

Actually hang a minute just had a look found some in the back of my press. The stuff is really cheap 50c for the bag I found weighing 200gr. :eek:

A bit beter than the €40 you were looking at. Shipping something that size in Ireland would prolly cost €5 max. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

If you have any friends in Dublin they could pick some up for you at the asian maket at the back of the Jervis shopping centre and post it up to you. Might be called the Oriental Emporium.

Actually hang a minute just had a look found some in the back of my press. The stuff is really cheap 50c for the bag I found weighing 200gr. :eek:

A bit beter than the €40 you were looking at. Shipping something that size in Ireland would prolly cost €5 max. :p

That's a good idea, I think I've family down there. Didn't realise it was so cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

http://www.micromedia.ie/pdfs/pdf-chinese.pdf

Found that link while searching for "chinese market robin hood Industrial Estate", I know there are loads of them there.

-Patrick

• Advertisement
Advertisement