Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy Piracy Deterrent, Batman!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

humanji wrote: »
    Well it's sensible to the publishers. They don't want you testing a game before hand. They want you buying it.

Understandable... But I got a pirate version of the first Grand Theft Auto - it's the type of game I'd usually write off as annoying hype (that's what I thought at the time actually) - I was so impressed I've bought every GTA on the PC since (except London). Also playing a pirate Call of Duty made me buy Call of Duty 2.

But I accept that the majority of piracy probably lessens sales, and most people, after using the pirated version don't go out and buy the "legal" version.

But if you are to equate it to stealing, then they should equate buying it to making it yours.
    So they should also:
    1 - Replace it for free if it's damaged / lost (It's the information you paid for, not the CD itself)
    2 - Support it for future operating systems / Graphics hardware + software (I'm looking at you, Crimson Skies)

Advertisement