Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building on Current Qualifications?

Options
  • 15-09-2009 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks, would appreciate some advice on this. For reasons I wont go into it looks like Im going to be out of a job soon.

I recently completed a degree in Procurement and Supply Management. I have two years experience in procurement, one year in Stoarage and Distribution and I also have a couple of years Project Management (for an Elearning company)experience before that.

Right now Im stuck as Im debating whether to go for an Honours degree in my chosen field or to start something new such as Sports Science/Consultancy etc which is something Im passionate enough about and feel may give me a fresh perspective an all that. All there seems to be on job sites for my line of work is management positions etc.

Do you think I should stick with what Im doing and build on it as much as possible? Friday is the deadling for enrollment for the Honours programme so I would appreciate your opinions.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Follow your dreams mate.

People who are passionate about their jobs tend to be the most successful. Take the risk, you'll regret it if you dont (15 years down the line doing a job you cant stand JUST for slightly better than average pay)

Advertisement