Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensitive Skin when Pregnant??

• 15-09-2009 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

I've been using a combination of bio oil and coco butter to try to avoid getting stretch marks. I plastered myself in coco butter last nite but woke in the middle of the nite with a rash on my belly and its still there now. I can't think of anything else that mite have caused it but is it silly that after 24 weeks I'm all of a sudden having a reaction to the coco butter? :confused:
    I've been eating alot of strawberries lately but was thinking if they caused the rash it would be everywhere!:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Strawberries can cause a localised rash, especially if you've been eating lots of them!

I wouldn't have thought Cocoa Butter would cause a rash, but then pregnancy does funny things to you! I used to use cocoa butter all the time before I got pregnant, literally every day! Now I can't stomach the smell of it! And I'm getting stretch marks despite using Bio-Oil and every other lotion and potion under the sun :(

Try not eating strawberries and not using cocoa butter until the rash has gone. Then use the cocoa butter again to see if the rash returns. If it does you could try a different brand of cocoa butter. The Body Shop one is quite nice but Palmers is the best!

Advertisement