Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neighbour burning rubbish.

Options
  • 15-09-2009 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Is there anything I can do about a neighbour who has been burning every day for over a week now. I'm really getting fed up with it, every time I put washing out it comes in stinking. He's not at all approachable so I would rather leave it to the authorities to deal with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

contact county council

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Photograph the fire (if you can do it without being obvious) phone the council and ask for the email address of the guy that deals with waste burning and then email him the pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wonbadood

amtaxi wrote: »
    contact county council
    A couple of days ago i reported a "neighbour" to my local authority (Cork City) for burning their rubbish daily in their fireplace.
    I was told that there isn't a lot they could do about it . Shhh!
    They can send a notificaton of complaint to the offender but cant enter a private home unless they have proof of the offence.
    As for Health & Safety in the workplace, i cant scratch my ass, but as a citizen running around closing my windows when it gets bad? Hmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

jazzie wrote: »
    He's not at all approachable so I would rather leave it to the authorities to deal with.

Who are these authorities you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Please don't drag up threads from years ago

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement