Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods in AH very Trigger Happy with Locking Threads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Sarky wrote: »
    Don't move TOO many threads to tCN. There's a limit to the amount of threads I can spam to death with Carl Weathers pics.
    Carl Weathers knows no limits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

nuxxx wrote: »
    Is there any script which could show the amount of threads locked in say a 2 month period before sharpshooter became a mod, and after?

Would be interesting indeed
    fullstop wrote: »
    +1

Just out of curiosity, have either of you ever PMed SS to ask about this? Complaining about it is fine, but complaining to her about it may actually accomplish something.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Just out of curiosity, have either of you ever PMed SS to ask about this? Complaining about it is fine, but complaining to her about it may actually accomplish something.

I agree, I don't think this should be turned into a witchhunt. I posted in this thread but my grievences weren't aimed at any mod in particular, it was just an observation in general about AH. I think it's unfair for people to come into Feedback and make underhand comments about mods without actually speaking to them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

jumpguy wrote: »
    Carl Weathers knows no limits.
    Due to his teaching I have had little time to look at AH. That and I've been really drunk for the past 3 months.

You want an answer?
    Sometimes threads do not belong in AH.

I know it's shocking stuff, but, while AH may be a general discussion forum, there are times when threads are just really really crappy and deserve to be closed.
    Should you be the OP of one of these threads, I suggest you put a bit more thought into your posts in the future.

Comma.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

it comes down to this

stupid threads gett nuked or sent to tCN.
    Troll-tastic threads get the same treatment.
    Spam gets gets deleted.

Repeat offenders get a slap on the wrists, others gets a ban.... and it extends each time.

Posters can have fun, but we're not a place for toilet humour or stupid post count increasing crap.

Hmmm... surprised this thread is still running :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Rabies wrote: »
    it comes down to this

stupid threads gett nuked or sent to tCN.
    Troll-tastic threads get the same treatment.
    Spam gets gets deleted.

Repeat offenders get a slap on the wrists, others gets a ban.... and it extends each time.

Posters can have fun, but we're not a place for toilet humour or stupid post count increasing crap.

Hmmm... surprised this thread is still running :/

We're trying to avoid a "Feedback mods are very quick to lock threads about AH mods locking threads" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Nazi!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

/Godwinned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Threads get locked / cleaned up because unfortunately, on the internet, and on boards, there are an incredible amount of fooking morons that seem to think that trolling and posting abusive comments is somehow constructive.

Nobody can see if someone signing up is an ignorant, slimy, trolling, knob-end of a bigot. Unfortunately.

And a lot of people don't know that sometimes, its best not to post a response. I'm guilty of this the odd time myself.

If the mods see fit to close / clean up a thread and issue bans - it must be for a reason. No need to moan about it - there are rules ya know ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Threads get locked / cleaned up because unfortunately, on the internet, and on boards, there are an incredible amount of fooking morons that seem to think that trolling and posting abusive comments is somehow constructive.

Nobody can see if someone signing up is an ignorant, slimy, trolling, knob-end of a bigot. Unfortunately.

And a lot of people don't know that sometimes, its best not to post a response. I'm guilty of this the odd time myself.

If the mods see fit to close / clean up a thread and issue bans - it must be for a reason. No need to moan about it - there are rules ya know ;)

What if the reason is the mod is just on a power trip and being a 'fooking moron', Ive seen numerous complaints about the mod in this case since they started being a mod.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

What if the reason is the mod is just on a power trip and being a 'fooking moron', Ive seen numerous complaints about the mod in this case since they started being a mod.

Well you need not worry your little head about the mod in question seeing as you’re perma banned from AH. Getting digs in will not get you back and its getting pretty boring tbh!

I don't think thats your place to say. The head mods would / should be keeping an eye on things like that.

In fairness, its rare something like that happens anyway. Inevitably, someone is going to think its harsh, usually the perpetrator, or someone who agree's with said perpetrator ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I don't use AH much, except at the minute coz I'm in bed with swine flu. Nt having a go at the mds there either. I only really know Dr B and Javaboy, and I think they're spot on.

But I was just wondering why the thread about garda allowances got closed? I do think it's something people should be allowed talk about. Looks a bit sus when it's closed.

And there was a thread about your fave boards post ever, which i thought was going to be good for seeing some old gems. But that got moved for some reason.

Just struck as me as odd, in both occasions. Not posting this to start a drama. Just curious really. Like I said, only ever have good interactions with the 2 boys.

EDIT: just saw now the tommy tiernan one got locked too. Was it so bad that people couldn't be allowed post any more. The main reason I bring up that is because I posted in it. I think a lot of people find it annoying when someone closes a thread they've taken time to write a post for.

Kiera wrote: »
    Well you need not worry your little head about the mod in question seeing as you’re perma banned from AH. Getting digs in will not get you back and its getting pretty boring tbh!

Your nose is getting browner young Kiera :pac::pac::pac:

I don't think thats your place to say. The head mods would / should be keeping an eye on things like that.

In fairness, its rare something like that happens anyway. Inevitably, someone is going to think its harsh, usually the perpetrator, or someone who agree's with said perpetrator ;)

Its feedback anyone can say what they like, so you can have a view on it but i cant?

The mods on the soccer forum are good i'll say that, they're very fair, but AH is full of double standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Its feedback anyone can say what they like, so you can have a view on it but i cant?
    godgivenright.jpg

No.

Fink - I'm pretty sure that sig pic is a bit too big for Boards also.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Fink - I'm pretty sure that sig pic is a bit too big for Boards also.

I have removed it for being a total eyesore.

Fink read the Sig Rules.
    They can be found in the Newbie/FAQ forum.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I have removed it for being a total eyesore.

Fink read the Sig Rules.
    They can be found in the Newbie/FAQ forum.

Eyesore i think not, the one and only Fernando Torres.

Nerin wrote: »
    godgivenright.jpg

No.

That was awesome, pat yourself on the back for that one Nerdin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

That's not how you spell Nerin...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I see what you did there. :) i always used to laugh at how kazobel used to miss that blatantly obvious opening for name calling,and she was a long term troll here. Pat on the back for levelling up so quickly fink :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Since this thread has gone seriously off topic, can I take it we are finished here?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Since this thread has gone seriously off topic, can I take it we are finished here?

I don't think it's done just yet. Tallaght01 raised some valid points. If we could just continue without the unnecessary contributions of people permanently banned from After Hours, we might get/give some useful feedback.

javaboy wrote: »
    I don't think it's done just yet. Tallaght01 raised some valid points. If we could just continue without the unnecessary contributions of people permanently banned from After Hours, we might get/give some useful feedback.

People????

I blame Keira for sending it off topic! :D

Fink - a troller would ban you from AH!

I am missing your sh1t stirring in the Liverpool thread though, please come back :o

Unless of course, you're banned from there too??:confused:

Fink - a troller would ban you from AH!

I am missing your sh1t stirring in the Liverpool thread though, please come back :o

Unless of course, you're banned from there too??:confused:

I'm just misunderstood :D

Not banned from there................... yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The mods on the soccer forum are good i'll say that, they're very fair,

:eek:

/bookmarks post to read again in the morning to make sure it does say that

Xavi6 wrote: »
    :eek:

/bookmarks post to read again in the morning to make sure it does say that

You read it right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'm just misunderstood :D

Not banned from there................... yet.
    So you're just trolling?

If you can't discuss this topic then don't reply again, thanks. Otherwise I'd prefer if you stayed out of feedback, so that's a warning, ta.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement