Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods in AH very Trigger Happy with Locking Threads

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

tallaght01 wrote: »
    I don't use AH much, except at the minute coz I'm in bed with swine flu. Nt having a go at the mds there either. I only really know Dr B and Javaboy, and I think they're spot on.

But I was just wondering why the thread about garda allowances got closed? I do think it's something people should be allowed talk about. Looks a bit sus when it's closed.

And there was a thread about your fave boards post ever, which i thought was going to be good for seeing some old gems. But that got moved for some reason.

Just struck as me as odd, in both occasions. Not posting this to start a drama. Just curious really. Like I said, only ever have good interactions with the 2 boys.

EDIT: just saw now the tommy tiernan one got locked too. Was it so bad that people couldn't be allowed post any more. The main reason I bring up that is because I posted in it. I think a lot of people find it annoying when someone closes a thread they've taken time to write a post for.

Agree with Tallaght01, Im sure the amount of crap threads closed per day is mad but there are a few curious ones there that IMO shouldn't be locked, one in particular I was looking forward to reading - 'scams you have fallen for'. Now there was the usual stupid comments in the two pages but i think given a few hours it would have turned into a very interesting thread and educational (I know - in AH!) too.

Just out of curiosity, is it a co decision to lock threads or up to the individual mod themselves. is there any discussion between you before the lock?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Large complicated threads, we do talk over.

Small threads that require instant action, no discussion between mods.

Plus, we're all online at different times and in different time zones.

Some large threads become a vicious circle of sniping and attacking each other over and over again between the same small group of poster. No progress is made and it usually ends up in bans and infractions after warnings are ignored. Locking the thread saves all a head ache else the thread never ends and goes way off topic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Gordon wrote: »
    So you're just trolling?

If you can't discuss this topic then don't reply again, thanks. Otherwise I'd prefer if you stayed out of feedback, so that's a warning, ta.

Trolling my hole! I did discuss the topic, then someone came on and commented on me personally and my perma ban and then someone else commented on my signature, i didnt drag it off topic.

I think if people are happy enough replying to a topic, why close it, you may think the thread is going nowhere and is full of sh1t but if people are having a bit of banter and enjoying it, why lock it???
    It'll fizzle out anyway if people are not interested in it, AH is random, thats the way people like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

threads do go off topic and are never shut down
    example
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=318578&page=5901
    this one has gone on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on only rarely touching on what the thread was intended for and no warning given for straying "of topic"
    note: i hink this thread was started by a moderator might have something to do with it:rolleyes:

anyhow i find the mods around here very quick to dish out infractions

just my opinion

probably get a warning fo this

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Trolling my hole!

Mike-Ditka-Preparation-H--15193.jpg

• Advertisement

lucky-colm wrote: »
    threads do go off topic and are never shut down
    example
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=318578&page=5901
    this one has gone on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on only rarely touching on what the thread was intended for and no warning given for straying "of topic"
    note: i hink this thread was started by a moderator might have something to do with it:rolleyes:

anyhow i find the mods around here very quick to dish out infractions

just my opinion

probably get a warning fo this

Yeh except when i do it :rolleyes:

I agree with what you said!!!

lol

Mike-Ditka-Preparation-H--15193.jpg

ass_kisser_project.jpg

You might see yourself, Orestes, Keira and a few others in the pic LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeh except when i do it
    Yes Fink. A bunch of admins and moderators decided they needed to single out one random person for picking on, so around the exact same time you joined Boards.ie, they stuck a pin on a username, which happened to be yours. It's nothing to do with your conduct at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

ass_kisser_project.jpg

You might see yourself, Orestes, Keira and a few others in the pic LOL

Meh, not worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Yeah Fink.. anyone that doesn't support you is therefor kissing mod ass

It couldn't possibly be because they're tired of your ongoing cries of persecution that appear in most AH related threads in Feedback

/s

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Fink Goddie banned from Feedback, My name is Url, please don't feed the trolls.

thanks.

Gordon wrote: »
    Fink Goddie banned from Feedback, My name is Url, please don't feed the trolls.

thanks.
    :D
    that was funny:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Rabies wrote: »
    Large complicated threads, we do talk over.

Small threads that require instant action, no discussion between mods.

Plus, we're all online at different times and in different time zones.

Some large threads become a vicious circle of sniping and attacking each other over and over again between the same small group of poster. No progress is made and it usually ends up in bans and infractions after warnings are ignored. Locking the thread saves all a head ache else the thread never ends and goes way off topic
    you left the jade goody and air france ones open long enough though didnt you.ive had dealings with you before and the double standards are a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

you left the jade goody and air france ones open long enough though didnt you.ive had dealings with you before and the double standards are a disgrace.

You are a troll,who is permanently banned from AHs.

Banned from AHs for abuse.

Banned from Irish Economy for abuse.

Banned from Rugby for abuse.

Banned from Relationship Issues for abuse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

You are a troll,who is permanently banned from AHs.

Banned from AHs for abuse.

Banned from Irish Economy for abuse.

Banned from Rugby for abuse.

Banned from Relationship Issues for abuse.

and the only one i contest is the AH ban.
    i deserved to be banned from the other fora for abuse.i took it on the chin.
    you mods never admit any wrong doing.
    the way this place is modded is a joke.
    im not a troll by the way. did i re-reg and cause hassle.........no.did i take it to help desk and feed back.............yes.due process was followed,i lost the arguement and that was it. but i have kept a watchful eye on helpdesk and feedback since my ban and you are making quite the name for yourself(as others on here have eluded to as well).i was talking to rabies for what its worth and you had to butt in. i wasnt addressing you .your a mod in ah.your not a mod here.so im not interested in what you have to say. i think your a complete and utter disgrace of a mod.

your a "positive troll".you stick your nose in ,in every thread and always close threads attempting to be witty when all you do is stoke the fire of hatred that people have for you.if your the type of mod they want on there ,then thats indicative of the poor standard they are setting.

have a poll and see how many want rid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

and the only one i contest is the AH ban.
    i deserved to be banned from the other fora for abuse.i took it on the chin.
    you mods never admit any wrong doing.
    the way this place is modded is a joke.
    im not a troll by the way. did i re-reg and cause hassle.........no.did i take it to help desk and feed back.............yes.due process was followed,i lost the arguement and that was it. but i have kept a watchful eye on helpdesk and feedback since my ban and you are making quite the name for yourself(as others on here have eluded to as well).i was talking to rabies for what its worth and you had to butt in. i wasnt addressing you .your a mod in ah.your not a mod here.so im not interested in what you have to say. i think your a complete and utter disgrace of a mod.

your a "positive troll".you stick your nose in ,in every thread and always close threads attempting to be witty when all you do is stoke the fire of hatred that people have for you.if your the type of mod they want on there ,then thats indicative of the poor standard they are setting.

have a poll and see how many want rid.

rabble_1.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think Sharpshooter is a great Mod in AH, but then again I'm a mod myself so that makes my opinion invalid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

An File wrote: »
    I think Sharpshooter is a great Mod in AH, but then again I'm a mod myself so that makes my opinion invalid...

+1 ... except I'm not a mod, so my opinion is totally valid! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

One time, I saw Sharpshooter kick a puppy

And THEN she locked 2 threads in AH! 2! That girl is pure evil

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

An File wrote: »

I think he likes to ban people too much

• Registered Users Posts: 28,959 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I think he likes to ban people too much
    I think he's a SHE :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Quazzie wrote: »
    I think he's a SHE :eek:

I'd never have guessed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

There's too much upset over moderators... moderating.

Abuse of mod position is one thing (and yep, I've seen it) but objections to moderators doing what they're supposed to do...?

After Hours is very busy and there is regular troublemaking. Maybe tone down on the Sharpshooter witch-hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

SHE TURNED ME INTO A NEWT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Maybe less locking and more warnings (before bannings) might make everyone happy? Let the crap threads run their course?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Kiera wrote: »
    Maybe less locking and more warnings (before bannings) might make everyone happy? Let the crap threads run their course?

Either that or get the mods to rename Sharpshooter to Arnold Schwarzenegger. That way she has a legit reason to make cheesy lines when she kills things.

Jumpy wrote: »
    Either that or get the mods to rename Sharpshooter to Arnold Schwarzenegger. That way she has a legit reason to make cheesy lines when she kills things.
    I wasnt refering to Sharpy. I was throwing it out there for all the mods. And how about taking the ones who dont mod AH off the list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

But crap threads bring down the forum as a whole.
    The ah mod have been doing thier best to improve that standard in AH which I think they have managed to raise it over the last 6 months which is no mean feat.
    Most of those whining seem to be those who have grudges or who's just can't seem
    to post in a manner which doesn't' break the forum and site rules.
    and a mod's gender should an irrelevant.

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »
    But crap threads bring down the forum as a whole.
    The ah mod have been doing thier best to improve that standard in AH which I think they have managed to raise it over the last 6 months which is no mean feat.
    Most of those whining seem to be those who have grudges or who's just can't seem
    to post in a manner which doesn't' break the forum and site rules.
    and a mod's gender should an irrelevant.

I disagree. I think its gone to shít with all the flirty/chatty threads the last 6 months. Bring back Terry :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement