Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods in AH very Trigger Happy with Locking Threads

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,959 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Kiera wrote: »
    I disagree. I think its gone to shít with all the flirty/chatty threads the last 6 months. Bring back Terry :)
    I agree. AH is like a circle-jerk for a bunch of kids at the moment. I'm all for some fun but lately it seems to be gone too far. Just my opinion btw not that it matters much.

I do however think this isn't anything the mods can change much apart from handing out infractions for chit chat which would be a bit extreme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I disagree. I think its gone to shít with all the flirty/chatty threads the last 6 months. Bring back Terry :)

Well you post there a lot more then I do, I just know that I no longer want to gouge out posters eyes after reading their post as often as I used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Quazzie wrote: »
    I agree. AH is like a circle-jerk for a bunch of kids at the moment. I'm all for some fun but lately it seems to be gone too far. Just my opinion btw not that it matters much.

I do however think this isn't anything the mods can change much apart from handing out infractions for chit chat which would be a bit extreme
    Infractions no, but warnings and telling them to quit it might help? Then infract if they keep it up. So many possible good threads have totally gone off topic with all this chat/flirting lark.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,959 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Infractions no, but warnings and telling them to quit it might help? Then infract if they keep it up. So many possible good threads have totally gone off topic with all this chat/flirting lark.
    Agreed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I was due back today, but my internet has been down since last night.

All flirty crap will be dealt with before the week is out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Terry wrote: »

Please put some clothes on and welcome back. Look forward to your modding :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

did you have that breathalyzer interface connected to your computer yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I hate to say it but this is true. And it's the same few eejits at it all the time. :rolleyes:

Thank God for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I remember when After Hours used to be funny. :(

Maybe lolocaust can automatically clone all the AH threads without the moderators politicaly correct filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

AH mods lock threads for no good reason as the OP has pointed out. They do it to show who's in charge and give themselves an ego boost.

Then they allow this thread to go totally off topic. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055709821&page=33
    They are clearly encouraging it as well. Just look at who thanked post number 487. The thread descended into post after post of asinine garbage and in jokes from a bunch of lickarses who are desperate to moderate the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

AH mods lock threads for no good reason as the OP has pointed out. They do it to show who's in charge and give themselves an ego boost.

Then they allow this thread to go totally off topic. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055709821&page=33
    They are clearly encouraging it as well. Just look at who thanked post number 487. The thread descended into post after post of asinine garbage and in jokes from a bunch of lickarses who are desperate to moderate the forum.

I agree, if I was mod there'd be none of that carry on..

Under section 3, paragraph 1
    of my manifesto it would be strictly prohibited and punished severely

Don't be a gurl... Vote for URL

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

&page=33.
    Hawhawhaw.
    Newb.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Seriously, 4 thanks, 2 by Mods and 2 by posters.
    It was funny, in a lighthearted thread.

Your overall posts in the thread comes to six.

I am curious as to why you would pick that particular post and if you are so disinterested why bother?

Your overall posts in the thread comes to six.

Hang on, I only posted once in that thread.

Hang on, I only posted once in that thread.

Go to the main page of the AHS forum, look for the thread and click on replies.
    I think if I'm not mistaken you posted six times?

Don't be a gurl... Vote for URL

I hope you get it. :pac:

Go to the main page of the AHS forum, look for the thread and click on replies.
    I think if I'm not mistaken you posted six times?

Checked it there. No just 1 post.

Checked it there. No just 1 post.

You are so right, I clicked on the wrong user name jackpalance.

Apologies to you for that.

Your problem with four thanks to someone else's post is a bit puzzling to me though, can you tell me why you have a problem with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

See.... We do admit when wrong :)
    and we say sorry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I remember when After Hours used to be funny. :(

Don't worry, I'll be back in a few days

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

This thread has run it's course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement