Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any tips when signing a lease?

Options
  • 15-09-2009 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

I'm meant to be signing a lease tonight which I've never done before. Is there anything I need to especially look out for other than reading it fully, or any other tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭glanman

Make sure there is nothing out of the ordinary or that seems strange to you. Ask if it does, no problem if legit.

Most will ask for this months rent + one month as deposit.

I think a landlord can cancel a lease with no reason up to 6 months in, 1 month to get out, I think.

Its a renters market so don't be afraid to push for a good deal. You will only get money off rent if you ask!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

read it properly too many people come on here moaning about their lease when they havnt read it.,

IF your not comfortable with it then dont sign it negotiate on your terms is a renters market. also I suggest if its not included that you request a break clause entered allowing you leave after 6 months with 1 months notice, that will stop you from getting locked into a term lease that could be an issue for you should your circumstances change.

best of luck

Advertisement